“A GREAT PLACE!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Charlotte
Casco, Michigan
“A GREAT PLACE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Called and made reservations without having any idea what this site was like.
We were SO pleased with this hotel. The hotel inside and out was clean, clean, clean.
Our only issue was the wireless connection was too weak...but...the rest was too positive to knock it down.
I would recommend a stay with no hesitation.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Midwest, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions. The rooms were clean and average size for a Holiday Inn. The room rate included a very nice continental breakfast in the main lobby area. The pool temperature was warm and we were the only ones in there using it. The staff was friendly and helpful. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Nashville, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

My fiancee and I went away for a weekend and we try to go to the HIE once a year. We will go back, but only because they did help on the second night.
When we arrived the key card machine was broken so they gave us 1 "emergency" card key that was their only backup.
We had a jacuzzi room with a king sized bed. The room was non smoking, but you could smell smoke from down the hall, and the weatherstripping was gone from the door so you could see light around 3/4 of it and hear whenever anyone walked by. We reported the problems to the front desk including when some room down the hall was smoking stink weed.
The internet wouldnt stay connected wirelessly and repeated calls to tech support had them repeating the same steps over and over again just to finally reset the gateway/router to get us online for a little bit.
The next morning my fiancee took a shower, I waited about 45 minutes and tried filling the jacuzzi tub so I could soak. (Im disabled and have 2 bad knees and a bad back). The water was lukewarm at best and got cold from there. We reported it to the front desk again and they said wait an hour or so. We took off to do some shopping (love the used book store downtown). Came back 4 hours later and tried again. water was still lukewarm and the front desk said the same thing to wait a while. The internet was still acting up again and I had enough. I ran the hot water only in the tub, filled the ice bucket, and took it up to the front desk. The front desk said they couldnt do anything for us. I called the 800 number and reported all the problems and went to dinner. when we arrived back the front desk called and said we were being upgraded to a suite (this being 8pm on saturday night) and the second night was free. Internet stil acted up (brand new gateway FX series laptop and older dell laptop).
We did sleep well and the water was hot up there. We will definently do it again next year., though hopefully they dump the internet provider and fix their hot water heaters.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

We have stayed at this HI Express a few times on our way up to Midland from Indiana. It's a nice new hotel. It is right off I-69 near Charlotte, MI just a little bit outside of Lansing. It also has a Meijer store right next door. It is a great place for an overnight stop. They have great beds. The rooms are spacious with a microwave and small fridge in the room.

The breakfast is typical for a HI Express. Fruit, yogurt, eggs, biscuits and gravy, muffins/bagels/toast. It is fine. It's not a full breakfast, but it has enough options for the family.

The pool is a little small, but there is a nice hot tub.

The service was good. They were kind and helped with a little noise problem with some kids upstairs.

Overall, this a good stopover hotel on your way "Up North".

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

I booked my reservation through American Express. I was a little scared of my next trip to Charlotte since the last two years I stayed at the Comfort Inn, first at the Super 8. I was surprised how brand new and clean the hotel was from the parking lot to check in to getting to my Executive King Room that our agent booked. I was staying to interview at Michigan State University and it was a great price for only being 20 minutes away. My room had a fridge and microwave so I was able to go next door to Meijers Grocery Store and buy some evening snacks even though they had cookies and a great breakfast upon my check out the following day.

Staff was above average, I got my wake up call, and had no house keeping problems and those are two items I always need for a great stay.

Pool area was clean, hot tub was nice, fitness room is clean and well kept up, the elevator is a little loud but overall a great hotel.

I will be staying at this hotel when my daughter graduates next Spring from MSU, for the upcoming football season, and all my other hotel needs!

• Liked — How new the property was
  • Disliked — No outdoor pool, only indoor pool
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
grayslake, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2007

This is a great Holiday Inn express. We stayed here in May for a MSU graduation. It is a bit further than most hotels in the area but very clean. The pool was great for kids as well.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Cambridge, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2006

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Charlotte on our road trip from Canada. We had not booked due to our schedule. This hotel is next to a large Meijer store and gas station. The suite itself was pretty clean - although it did smell, even though it was meant to be a non-smoking room. The air conditioning unit was very noisy. We needed the heat on as it was quite cold but the noise made it difficult to sleep! The other issue that we had was the flood lights outside. When we pulled the curtains the gaps around them meant a lot of light flooded in - again making it difficult to sleep. The shower was disappointing. Holiday Inn Express Ad campaign talks of the wonderful showers unfortunately the water pressure was so low that rather than a invigorating shower it came out as a trickle.
Breakfast was good - the usual standard cold choices (cereal, fruit etc) with the Holiday Inn Express signature cinnamon rolls.
Just an OK stay but certainly seemed better than the alternatives in the area.

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Holiday Inn Express Charlotte? Share your experiences!