“A waterfront view” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 43 Restaurants in Charlevoix
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Detroit
“A waterfront view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

From inside the venue we had a wonderful full window view of Lake Charlevoix lift bridge. We ordered wine and Parmesan toast then read over the menu. We selected the cedar planked baked whitefish and the Cobb salad . We enjoyed the historic significance of this eatery as well !

Visited August 2014

South Lyon, Michigan
“Great food with a wonderful view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Don't miss Stafford's Weathervane Restaurant! The Oak Plank Whitefish is listed at the top of the menu - no need to read any farther. It was superb! My kids, ages 9 and 6, were thrilled with the kids' meals they had, too. While there was a one-hour wait to sit outside, we waited only a few minutes for a table by the window where we could still watch boats and ships entering and exiting the harbor. The service was good.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Good, not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Beautiful location, good food, good service, Just not great. It's big, old, a little dated, nothing wrong, just cant say it's a must do

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Great bar, horrible food and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I will say that I've been going to Charlevoix every summer for over 20 years and did once have a good meal there... However this last tie my husband and I went for a date and had hands down the worst experience ever eating out in Charlevoix. The location is amazing, no doubt, and while we waited for a table we sat at the bar inside and the bartenders were very talented. However, we were quoted a 20 minute wait and waited close to 45 minutes. Then our server hardly paid attention to us and didn't know the menu well. We ordered a caprese salad and I truly wish I'd taken a picture as it was that ridiculous. It was a strip of romaine lettuce with sliced onions with two tomato slices and a tiny glob of mozzarella... Whoever made this atrocity should go to Terry's and see what a real Caprese salad looks like (hint: there's basil and no romaine/ onions). Also, I ordered the salmon special and it was dry/ over cooked. Won't be returning

Jeff S, General Manager at Stafford's Weathervane Restaurant, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
I first want to apologize for your experience. Please contact me at jeffs@staffords.com so that I can investigate further into your service and personally invite you and your husband back on me to experience what Stafford's has prided itself on for over fifty years. Great service, cuisine and atmosphere.

Jeff Sprecksell
Norfolk, Virginia
“Has always been solid!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

From first there over 30+ years ago to our first return in all that time, still as solid as ever. Excellent local fish, but much more.

Visited August 2014