“Consistently very good, plus.” 4 of 5 stars

231-547-4311
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 43 Restaurants in Charlevoix
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Consistently very good, plus.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Food is very good. Service is excellent. Beautiful setting and views from the dining room. Overall the best restaurant in Charlevoix for a consistently good dining experience.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Lovely dinner in the bar.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Great service and delicious food. Warm refuge on a cold winter night. Whitefish was fabulous and ribs are worth every penny.

Visited December 2013
lincoln
“View wonderful; food and waitstaff need improvement.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I went for our last night's dinner to Stafford's, thinking we were "saving the best for last," but it appears that last is not always best. We were brought to the far section of the restaurant where it was like a small, private room. Our server did not explain the day's specials very well, did not know the soup offering and did not appear to be interested in taking our order. We ordered an antipasto plate (apparently this is a new item on the menu where neither the cooks nor the server knew what it was supposed to have--perhaps looking at the menu would help--nor did they offer olive oil--don't you go over new items with wait staff so everyone is sufficiently up to speed on new offerings?). I ordered the half chicken (Sunday special) and a cup of fish chowder (knowing that my husband who ordered the ribs would probably enjoy an addition to his meal--and I was right as the coleslaw was in a small butter ramekin). They server felt that I was asking for a substitution (where I had to assure her that I wanted the chowder in addition to my salad that came with). We were given precisely two rolls with butter, no more no less. When my husband received his baked potato with his meal, he asked for butter and the server told him he could use the butter served with the rolls--are you kidding me? You served enough butter for two rolls, not for two rolls and one baked potato. While we were awaiting our meal, the a large party came in and the server became more interested in a party of nine than our small two top, gave a splendid explanation of the day's specials (sure would have like to have had the same explanation--you may have changed our minds). The only bright spot was the gentleman who refilled coffee, water and ensured I had sufficient hot water for my tea. Perhaps this person should be given a position as a server rather than bus/coffee person and the wait person learn from him! All in all, I was severely disappointed in our server. The view and food was good, but that poor service made what could have been a great evening. The restaurant was not even busy (around 6pm). I doubt if we will be back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hemlock, Michigan
“FISH CHOWDER!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

A year ago we had fish chowder here in mid-afternoon along with some bread and butter. For a year we've anticipated returning and... I read a previous review where some were not pleased by their treatment. We were welcomed warmly and assured that the soup and rolls would be available. The young man gave us our choice of an area next to windows overlooking the river, confirmed our order and brought the order promptly, even spiritedly.. It was as good as remembered and we quizzed him about the eatery, his employment and the area in general. It was a treat to have him attending to us. I feel certain the menu is a treasure from all he said and his enthusiasm. We will be back should our travels take us to Charlevoix again and I hope the young waiter is still there..

Visited November 2013
Michigan City, Indiana
“The view was wonderful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We were early diners on a Sunday. (11:15am). Only two tables of diners in the restaurant, and teach table had their own waiter. Our server was more interested in cheating with coworkers & discussing diets. The food was ok, would have been better had he checked back to get me additional condiments I wanted. He never offered to refill drinks, had to almost beg after slurping the straw loudly in the empty cup. This would not be my first choice in the future. It might be better if they were busier & had no time to talk.

The view of the canal & bridge were great though!

• Visited October 2013