“Great views” 4 of 5 stars

231-547-4311
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 43 Restaurants in Charlevoix
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Mechanicsville
“Great views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Good food served overlooking the inlet with fantastic views of boats coming and going. The food and service were fine. The atmosphere, in a Earl Young structure, was wonderful.

Visited September 2013

ann arbor
“always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Great location. Fun to sit outside on a nice afternoon and watch the boats pass by. Food is always good. Large portions and very good, friendly service

Visited September 2013
Homer Glen, Illinois, United States
“Bad attitude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I can see why so many complain about the attitude of management. We had lunch at the Stafford’s Pier Restaurant in Harbor Springs and were on the road again when we decided to stop at Stafford’s in Charlevoix. When we arrived the bar was crowded but the tables overlooking the river were 90% empty. As a party of four, the bar was too crowded so I asked the hostess if we could have an outside table for a couple of beers. She immediately replied that the bar would be better for just beer. After I explained that we had just had lunch at “their” restaurant in Harbor Springs, AND that the bar was crowded, AND that there were plenty empty tables, she reluctantly agreed. As it was, we had a total of eight drinks, paid our bill, and left a generous tip. It’s a nice place, with a good view, and the beer was cold. But yes, management has a bad attitude. You shouldn’t have to beg to be a customer. If my income were dependent on profits, I’d can that hostess in a heartbeat.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Michigan
“poor customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The location is wonderful, the restaurant itself is lovely, the food is quite good, but the service is terrible. The attitude of the entire staff, from the Hostess to the server, was like they were doing us a favor by being there. From the Hostesses first statement "Just a minute" to the server "plunking down the drink menu and asking "what do you want to drink"? When asked for suggestions on wine, she responded "that is what we have", pointing to the menu and she walked away and returned later and said "well, did you decide?". The food order was taken in the same manner, and wine and food were plunked down in front of us. Before my husband could finish his last bite, she wisked the plate away. I guess it was time to leave. This is a high end restaurant and we are pretty friendly people, I was shocked at the service. From beginning to end there was not a smile to be had by the staff. Sure put a damper on our first night in Charlevoix.

Visited August 2013
Jeff S, General Manager at Stafford's Weathervane Restaurant, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your most recent review of Stafford's Weathervane Restaurant. I am truly sorry for your experience and would ask you to please give me a call at your earliest convenience. I am looking into this matter and want to correct any service issues at once. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention.
sincerely,
Jeff Sprecksell
Beverly Hills, Michigan
“Not the best visit...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The Weathervane restaurant has a great location, nice atmosphere and so so food. The food is just okay for the high price. My issue with the Weathervane is the attitude of the staff. To order a drink you just about had to throw something at the bartender to get his/her attention. Neither of the bartenders even seemed to care about the customers. I never saw one smile come over their faces. After noticing this I looked at all the wait staff walking by and around me. THEY ALL SEEMED MISERABLE! No one was smiling and they looked pissed! I know its a hard job, but come on put a fake smile on and pretend you want to serve your customers. The bartenders definately didn't deserve the 20% tip I left. Very disappointing visit.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Clark,
I am sorry for your experience in our cocktail lounge. Please call me at your earliest convenience so that I can get further details and invite you back to our establishment.
Again, thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.
sincerely,