“second trip, no pulled pork left, got beef brisket sandwich=was let down” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pigs Eatin' Ribs

Pigs Eatin' Ribs
US 31 South near Airport, Charlevoix, MI 49720
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 43 Restaurants in Charlevoix
Petoskey, Michigan
“second trip, no pulled pork left, got beef brisket sandwich=was let down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The first time I ate here it was so good I had to make the drive to try it again. In all fairness the burger was just as good the second time around. However the beef brisket sandwich left something to be desired. It had good flavor but the beef was dry in some spots chewy instead of tender in others and over crisp in other spots. IT was so chewy and crispy I could not enjoy the flavor and could not eat the bun. It was sort of like beef jerky with sauce. I am not sure if they heated it up wrong or what but honestly I can cook better than this. I was let down because I thought I had found My new favorite spot. I am not giving up on the place though because the Pulled pork was so good And so was the smoked burger that I can just skip the brisket. Plus it may have been a one time mistake. Still good food just a let down on this one meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Petoskey, Michigan
“I am serious when I say the Best food !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I drove by this place one day and smelled the food in the smoker cooking it smelled so good I made a mental note to try it some day. Well I went there Yesterday and I am so glad I did. I had a smoked burger with pulled pork bacon and cheddar on it. First off they cooked the burger right then in the smoker. It was perfectly cooked and was top quality beef. The pulled pork on top was so good, as was the bacon and cheddar. There were these chips with it that went perfect with barbecue sauce. The lettuce was perfect ,I want to say it was Boston lettuce. The tomato was big and Red very flavorful and fresh. Even the pickle was good. It was like a gourmet burger only big portion. The flavors blended perfectly on a perfectly toasted bun that was also top quality. My girlfriend had pulled pork nachos and they were equally excellent. They had black beans on them and the beans were cooked to the perfect texture not too soft but effeminately cooked how they should be. The pulled pork on those was also out of this world. I would say if You are within two hours of this place make a road trip. There are allot of nice places to stop and look around and then the final reward will be the best barbecue food around. IT is outdoor seating so pick a nice day! Also they do catering. I wanted to mention too that the price was great. I think they could charge more if they wanted but I am glad they don't because I plan on going often.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Great White North
“It's Pigs " Eatin' " Ribs (no 'g') and It .. Is .. Yummy !!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is an informal, no dining room, carryout or eat at outside picnic tables BBQ joint with meaty St. Louis Ribs, pulled pork, smoked BBQ jumbo wings, a plethora of great sides, high-end prices 'cause they got to "make it" for the year in a short Great White North (N. Michigan) resort season, Moomers Ice Cream (the real deal) and some specials. I've had 5-star BBQ and this isn't it, but it IS every bit of 4-star BBQ and I cannot wait to go back. In 2013 BBQ ribs are expensive, national chains and mom-and-pops both, and this is NOT the most costly. But you DO get a lot of good food, home-prepared style and quality, excellently smoked. N. Michigan culinary options have come a long way in the 4+ decades I've been vacationing up here. Well, it's July 4th and I've got to go shovel the snow and chip some ice!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Authentic BBQ in Northern Michigan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This guy knows how to make smoked brisket! Great variety of fresh smoked meats and fresh homemade sides. Reminds me of good BBQ in the south. I look for great BBQ when I travel to places like Kansas, Texas, Virginia and other southern spots. Now I can get it right here in Michigan. This spot is over 100 miles one way from my home but I will be there every chance I get. Very reasonable prices, a complete menu of favorites. The long lines were my first hint it was good. This is a take only walk up and order place. They have picnic tables outside so if the weathers ok you can sit and eat. Expect to wait and they may be sold out of so,me things but that's what fresh authentic BBQ is all about. I highly recommend if you enjoy good smoked Q!

Visited June 2013
Eastport, Michigan
“Amazing brisket”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stopped to pick up a quick lunch. My wife I had previously split the pulled pork tacos for a snack while out on a shopping trip earlier. The pulled pork was very good, so I wanted to try some other selections. I ordered a platter with 2 meats, I chose brisket & sausage. The sausage was house made, great spice and snap. The brisket was excellent. Great smoke ring, tender and moist. It pulled apart easily and the chipolte sauce was good as the brisket. I had pit roasted baked bean & mac n' cheese, both were excellet. I actually ended up making 2 meals due to the generous portions. Service was friendly and quick. I took my meal to go, there is limited outdoor seating. Don't be fooled thinking it's only a small roadside stand, the products that I have sampled are excellent and I intend to return and sample many more.

• Visited June 2013