“Try the veal!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Ottawa Hills, OH
“Try the veal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have been to Terrys numerous times. The service is always good and the food is always good, but I get the same thing every time - whitefish almondine. I took a friend here and she ordered the veal with a morel sauce and at the waitresses recommendation hashbrowns on the side. Gasp! I was sure that this would be a huge mistake. Boy was I wrong! Excellent!!! The veal was wonderful and how did they elevate hashbrowns to the status of being a perfect paring for veal? Wonderful! Honestly my whitefish was quite dry. It was just OK. I recommend going to Crosses and getting the whitefish to cook yourself. Order the veal!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New Brighton, Pennsylvania
“It doesn't get any better than this!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We had read the menu before leaving for vacation and knew this was on our list. From the minute we walked in the door, it was like we were old friends. The wait staff is very attentive & informative. The fish - OMG! the fish!! I had the Whitefish Grenobois & my husband had the Whitefish special (a cajun buerre blanc). Everything was served at a leisurely pace, which was great, considering there was a storm raging outside. This was the perfect start to a wonderful vacation.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Three different fish each four different ways!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Walleye, whitefish and trout cooked almondine, mueuniere and two other ways every night. And it all is good. Their duck in cherry sauce is my favorite with hash browns and stewed tomatoes. Save room for the gold brick for dessert- it is something you won't forget!

Visited June 2012
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“best fish EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Whenever I go to Charlevoix, this is the place I MUST have dinner. Their fresh fish is simply the best. The waitstaff are terrific, good natured and helpful. The whitefish and perch are amazing--and splurge and eat them with almonds. NOT cheap food- fabulous food. The "appropriate vegetable and starch" were also top notch. Don't miss this restaurant!

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
United States
“Best Filet in The area if not the State”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Been going here for years. I don't know if I should be writing this review because I don't want it to get too popular, because I don't want to have to wait in a long line. However, if you are looking for a great steak or excellent whitefish this is the place to go. All I can say is fantastic!

• Visited January 2012