“Rude” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 43 Restaurants in Charlevoix
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: The Bistro at Charlevoix Country Club is where quality food and excellent service make a northern Michigan favorite restaurant. Join us for a dining experience featuring our unique hand-crafted mahogany bar, the open-timbered vaulted ceilings and our 30 ft. Stone fireplace. You will also enjoy a relaxing dinner on our covered portico overlooking our spectacular views of Heatherwoods Golf Course at Charlevoix Country Club. Enjoy delicious steaks, fresh fish, pizzas and sushi.
Spring Lake, Michigan
“Rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Speaking of the hostess and the waitstaff - this one word describes our experience - rude. I can't imagine any reason we would go back.

Visited July 2013

Portage, Michigan
“amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We got married in Charlevoix and stayed at the Edgewater. The Bistro is where we ate ALL of our meals. There was not a single thing that I did not want or like on the menu! The mushroom bisque is amazing with the Caprese Salad. The pizza is delicious! My favorite of all was the Lobster dinner. I suggest Everyone eat here! :)

Visited September 2013
Petoskey, Michigan
“Excellent food but dreadful service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We have eaten at the Bistro before and were looking forward to lunch on a cold and rainy fall day. We arrived at 11:50 and the restaurant was not busy. We were told lunch service did not start until noon but they would be more than happy to seat us. There was only one other couple in the room we were led to and one other couple in the main room. The young server who was waiting on our table arrived with menus and explained the specials and said she would return with warm bread. While she was gone, I accidentally spilled a large glass of water on the table which was covered with brown butcher paper. Unfortunately, there was water everywhere including my chair and dripping down onto the floor. My husband and I tried to mop up the water and when I looked down at the floor, there was an abundance of chopped pecans under the table and the chairs. Not something from breakfast service, obviously left over from the evening before. When the server finally appeared, she did not remove the paper, the tablecloth or the silver nor did she offer to seat us at another table. None of the other tables had diners. I pointed out the pecans and received no response other than 'oh'. I was completely embarassed by my clumsiness but I did expect a better response. Bread was finally served but there were no plates on which to put it and no silverware. Again, we had to find the server. At some point a young lady obviously listening to music via ear buds appeared in the room loudly placing plates on the other tables. Our meal when we received it was excellent. The quality of the food was delicious. Having said that, I think management needs to rethink their portion sizes. My sandwich was so huge that I had to dismantle it and reassemble so that I could eat it. I don't see how anyone would have been able to actually pick it up and take a bite. My husband's meal was very good but also overly large. It does seem wasteful and over indulgent. The restaurant was never completely full while we were there so I don't think the poor service was a result of being too busy. We probably will not return based on this event.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlevoix
“Good food all the time!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

As mentioned in other reviews, its a very small restaurant with a nice view at the drawbridge in Charlevoix. We have eaten here dozens of times and we have never had a bad meal. It can get very busy, but that has never affected the quality of food or service for us. They have a wide ranging menu from $10 to $35. We typically stick to the low end of the entrees and their pizza is phenomenal and only $10-13. Especially like the simple 4 cheese pizza- flavor is fantastic- but I have had most of them and they are all good. My daughter craves the Mac n Cheese! I have to admit its darn good. All in all, this and Scovies are the two best restaurants in Charlevoix.

Visited October 2013
Beverly Hills, Michigan
“Terrible Time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I always stay at the Edgewater Inn when I'm in Charlevoix.I just love it there!
I decided due to the weather to stay in and dine at the Edgewater Bistro. The onsite restaurant. While I was waiting the restaurant seemed to get busier and busier. I understand during this time of year that the restaurants in northern Michigan typically cut back on their staff. The restaurant was short staffed and things began to back up. I was in no hurry and I douibt that anyone else was either. The owner of the restaurant AL began YELLING AND SCREAMING at one of his waitresses. Food had begun to back up.
There was ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO CAUSE SUCH A SCENE IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE RESTAURANT. Its a small restaurant and EVERYONE had to hear that b.s.
Perhaps he needs to spend his time in the kitchen downstairs and not near the people paying for his food and drinks.
Patrons trying to enjoy their evening don't want to hear that crap!

• Visited November 2013