“Absolutely Average Dining Experience” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 13 restaurants in Caseville
Cuisines: American
Davisburg, Michigan
“Absolutely Average Dining Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

It looks like the nicest place in town, and it may be, but the food is absolutely average. I've said this before: nothing to complain about, but i would not return. I had a salad with shrimp on the side - and everything was rather just okay. My husband had the same sentiment about his Prime Rib and broccoli - bland. Just okay. The decor felt a bit stale - kind of like sitting in your great aunt's living room. (And it seemed to draw an older crowd)Thankfully, they didn't gouge you with the price. Some of the crotchety diners were complaining a bit too loudly about the untrained wait staff - but I found them to be eager to please and very nice. On the upside, it wasn't a grungy bar food dinner - which seemed to be our other choices in Caseville.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

41% Recommend
Swartz Creek, Michigan, United States
“very disappointed in food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I went there with my husband, our 3 kids, my Mom and Step-Dad thinking that this was a fancier place, like a Red Lobster. It was after 5pm and the parking lot was almost empty. We walked in and there was only 2 other people in there having drinks. We didn't have to wait to sit down. The waiter was nice but had to ask for kids menues. He came back a few min later saying they had kids meals but didn't have the menues available yet and said what they were. We ordered our food. I had shrimp alfredo. No garlic bread or spoon to twirl my noodles on. Under my noodles was the ring of a milk/cream jug. My husband ordered the prime rib, medium. It was a very thin slab of meat that was charred on both sides. My Mom had the Lobster Bruchetta. She let me sample the lobster and it was over cooked and very chewey. My son had a cheeseburger which he said was bland. My youngest pieced on my husband's steak and immediately spit it out and said "yuck." She's a steak lover and for her to do/say that spoke volumes to me. She did like my noodles though. The only family who thought their food was decent was my other daughter and Step-Dad. I don't think the cook staff there paid much attention to seasoning or cook times of the food. We all came in there expecting to have good food and were greatly disappointed. If i'm ever in Caseville again, i will DEFINITELY NOT go back there again. Food was below par for the prices and the cook staff needs to go back to culinary school.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Bright, very clean and cheery atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

The town of Caseville is near the tip of the thumb of Michigan right on Lake Huron with some very nice sandy beaches. We took a "thumb drive" on Father's day and found this very lovely restaurant on the main street. The three of us, my wife, dad and myself all enjoyed our meal. Our waitress Cynthia was very pleasant and made more than just casual conversation. The inside looked immaculate. The outdoors has nicely kept flower gardens as well as an outdoor seating area with umbrellas. I had a salad with garlic mashed potatoes and grilled pork with mushroom gravy. My meal was good at first but after it cooled off a little it took forever to chew each bite. My wife ended up finishing the pork the next day in the airport. My dad had the chicken Philly cheese and ate every bite. I also had the soup of the day which was a thick brown broth with pieces of grilled ham in it. The soup was very good. My wife had liver and onions with garlic mashed potatoes. She also ate every bite and said it was very good. Fresh garlic bread rolls were served with our meal. The rolls were similiar to what Olive Garden serves and they were still hot from the oven. Two out of three of us enjoyed everything. I would go there again. The prices were reasonable. The three of us ate for $34

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Clean but slow!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012 via mobile

Thought the first visit was a fluke, unfair to rate as it was new years eve and the place was busy, but having been back three times it has always been the same. Servers are friendly but the food comes out slow.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Okemos, Michigan
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

We chose the Port Elizabeth Grille because it looked a like a better lunch spot than the sports bars across the street. However, I think I would have preferred one of the bars. The restaurant just made us feel like we were in a place for old people. No offense, because I'm no spring chicken, but the decor was very bland, and the clear plastic table covers reminded me of the plastic covers a grandma would put on the furniture! There was no background music, and since there wereonly a few tables filled, it was too quiet.

The service started out OK, but as we ended our meal, (a late lunch) and the dining room emptied, the waitstaff disappeared; no drink refills, and we had to go track them down to get our check.

The food was OK, but not what we expected. My mother ordered the Philly cheesesteak pita. It came served on what appeared to be some sort of sweet flat bread. Just a sort of odd taste. It did not come with any side dish (fries or salad) and the server never asked of we wanted anything with it. I ordered the chicken quesadilla. It was ok, but was served with a few potato chips (not corn chips?)

Prices were pretty reasonable. Overall, it wasn't bad, but just not that good.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere