“Yes, they need a new manager” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Canton
Tampa
“Yes, they need a new manager”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2008

Upon check in the manager had to be called out to the front desk because the desk clerk did not understand the confirmation I had for four nights. I was given 2 different confirmation numbers because of a rate change during my stay.
The manager was totally incompetent. Took at least 30 minutes to get checked in.

Don't ask the front desk for directions anywhere--they are clueless.

I will say the room was nice and location is convenient. The continental breakfast is a bit dull but you can walk over to Bob Evans.

Don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2008

Stayed at the Fairfield Detroit West/Canton while in town for the USBC Women's Bowling tournament. The staff was very helpful.
They even helped with a glitch in my Marriott profile. The room was comfortable & the breakfast was superb.

• Liked — The great staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
chi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2007

I have never had such an unpleasant experience at a hotel in my life. The front desk manager was extremely rude and hung up on me when I called for a second time to ask for directions. The general manager treated me with the same level of respect when I lodged my complaint. Try the Fairfield Inn at Detroit-Livonia instead -- probably the best customer service I've ever had.

Stayed November 2007
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2007

Lets start off by saying that the staff was as rude as they get! I had 2 rooms. One for my parents and the other for my brother and I. Well, my brother ended up bringing is Pug, and brought it up to the room. One of the staff members told him that he needed to keep it in his truck at least until that night and then bring him back in, b/c it was small she didn't see a problem with anything. Well at 2:00 a.m. we got a knock on the door.....it was security and a different employee saying the dog needs to be in the truck, without hesitation my brother took him back out to the truck for the rest of our stay. On Sunday when I was going to check out I was told there was going to be a $125 cleaning fee for the dog being in the room, even though an employee said it was okay. I asked the front desk if the cleaning fee could be payed with cash so my account wouldn't be overdrawn and they said that was okay, so I did.

Well on Tuesday I checked my bank statement and I was charged for another $125 cleaning fee. I called them and reminded them that I already paid the fee, and they said this one was for my parents room. They said that they found hair, poop, and urine in their room. I'm sorry but the dog is potty trained so they were making up lies right away. And not only that my father has allergies so why would we let the dog in the room where he was staying. The employee then told me that the charges for going to stay the same. I then asked to talk to the general manager and she started yelling at me saying that the dog was in both rooms, when her staff knew what room the dog was in because they knocked on our door at 2:00 a.m. I then asked the general manager if I could have the corporates and she told me that she doesn't have to give me that kind of information and hung the phone up on me! I honestly think that they wanted to overdraft my bank account. I will never stay there again because of the staffs attitudes and lies.

This is what I had to go through when all I wanted was to visit with my family. I was willing to pay the cleaning fee for the room that the dog was in, but I am not willing to pay for the other room when the dog wasn't even in it.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — All Employees!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2007

I feel this hotel deserves lower than a terrible.My parents were planning on staying the weekend for their grandsons soccer tornament they ended up being "escorted" out by police. 'They returned to their room to find they had been locked out because housekeeping accused them of having a dog- a muddy footprint was on the carpet. After much debate they finally showed my parents the print which they did not want to do they just wanted him to pay a cleaning fee for the room before he could enter the room. It turns out it was the print from his tennis shoe. They aplogized. They go to dinner and come back to a lock room again by the night shift and are told they cannot get their belongings until a fee is paid. Through this whole ordeal no manager was ever seen or spoken to only the staff who could not even explain why the morning shift hadn't taken care of this. Needless to say they called the Canton police who agreed it was a shoe print but said they still had to leave. We have tried to talk or contact higher up besides the manager Connie Bargerstock but will not be given any other names. She seems to not care at all about good customer service and the treatment my elderly parents recieved was disgusting-they were called liars and taken out like criminals. They lost the money for the second not but the money is not important it is the way the staff handled or I should say did not handle their problem.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — rude employees
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toledo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2007

Free Internet.

Two waffle irons as part of the free breakfast

Just off I-275

Ten minute drive to DTW

Restaurants nearby

Very safe area

Hot tub suites available

• Liked — Free breakfast with waffle irons
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Placitas, NM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2006

My wife, my 87 year old, wheelchair bound mother and I spent
the night at this hotel on 18 June and intended to stay the night of the 19th, as well. We left the hotel at about 9am on the 19th. When we returned, at about 6pm, we found that the room had not been cleaned nor made up. I sent my wife to the front desk to have the error corrected while we went to dinner. After about 15 minutes, I went to the desk to find out what the cause for delay. The 3 clerks/manager/??? were on the phone; trying to
call the cleaners. I find that my wife was told that a "do not disturb" sign was on our door -- all day, according to them - but I pointed out that it wasn't when we returned and apparently an error had been made. The 3 girls at the desk decided that they needed to call to cleaning person to get her story --- I am at a loss as to the purpose of this call --- So we could call each other liars - I suppose. They never got through, I guess and the 3 girls had nothing to offer, in the situation. Apparently they also called
some sort of supervisor who also offered nothing. One girl did offer to go to the room and make the beds. Since there was no special rate for 2 nights in the same room, I would have thought that a logical choice would be to offer us another room that had already been cleaned and made up (no, the hotel was not full). That offer was also not forthcoming. I advised them that if they were unable to offer me a cleaned room, we would leave and find clean accommodations elsewhere. They made another phone call and then said OK, leave. I am at a loss for this behavior. I emailed Marriott when I got home and Ja'Nelle Simmons from Marriott, referred the mail to the offending hotel. Connie Bargerstock, General Manager of the offending hotel's response was to offer no explaination but an insincere, form letter apology. I again emailed Mariott suggesting that sending my complaint to the person I was complaining about; was a poor choice for a satifactory resolution. They again forwarded the mail to the offending hotel. Ms. Bargerstock, now repeated the sign-on-door story - in effect calling me a liar and still no explaination of why no clean room solution was offered. Frustrated, I sent an email directly to Ms. Bargerstock, asking for an explaination for the poor performance. She replied, that they were aware that we had been upset but she was pleased that her staff HAD BEEN ABLE TO OFFER TO CLEAN THE ROOM OR OFFER ANOTHER CLEANED ROOM. This was totally false and proof that she had not bothered to read my letter. If either of these options had been offered, I would have stayed - no complaints. I sent a final email to Ms. Bargerstock suggesting she actually read my first letter and that I was completely disgusted with her. This problem shows a pitiful hotel management team in Michigan but more importantly shows the poor ability of Marriott Corp. to address problems in their chain. I will look to other hotels. Marriott is OUT.

• Liked — Near relatives
  • Disliked — Lack of management
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't go here
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Fairfield Inn Detroit West / Canton? Share your experiences!