“Feels unsafe and is dirty” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   41216 Ford Rd, Canton, MI 48187 (Formerly Motel 6 Detroit West - Canton)   |
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Canton
Livonia, Michigan, United States
“Feels unsafe and is dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Very gross. Unclean. Front desk was pretty rude and really didn't care about complaints. Seems like a party motel or crack motel. Seriously. Lots of shady people lurking about. Felt very unsafe and scared to go to sleep. But if you're okay with all that, its very cheap and close to Ikea! so... yeah.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Canton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was the worst place I ever stayed!dirty bathroom. Roaches in the bed!! Horrible place. Don't anyone ever stay there. Will never be there again! Filthy bathtub. People on either side were loud all night long. Really bad place.

Room Tip: Horrible place.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

The room was filthy and looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in ages. There was trash on the floor from the previous guests, and burn holes all over the furniture and bedding. The bathroom floor was sticky and the room had a terrible odor. I would never stay here again, and would not have stayed myself if it weren't very late and I was exhausted, but left very early as I was eager to get out of the filthiest room I have ever stayed in. I have stayed in at hotels with cheaper rooms than this that were tons better. I felt dirty after staying in this room.

• Stayed April 2014
Windsor, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Toilet broke, fire sensor missing, smoke alarm batteries missing, mattresses suck, door safety chain missing, sink stopper broke and finally, no hot water for a shower! Can't imagine ever going back. I complained and all they could offer was 50% off my next stay. ARE THEY KIDDING?

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I booked this motel for the Hockey Classic in Ann Arbour Dec 31st - Jan 2nd (2 nights) at $45.00 night I wasn't expecting the Taj Mahal. The room was exactly what I expected (based on the dollar value), its is older, worn and dated. But for the most part clean and comfortable given its age and maintenance. Some of the long term guests were a little scary but they were no problem. My son in law and I thought it was great value for the money. No maid service for the two days while we were there but that's ok I don't usually change the sheets on my own bed everyday. The no smoking room did not smell like someone smoked in it like some places I stayed at, that was nice. The towels were changed everyday and that's what was important. Staff at the front desk (at check in) was what I would classify as "indifferent" not friendly but then not unfriendly. The "long term" broken down truck (completely flat tire, truck buried in snow) in the parking lot by our room made me a little apprehensive when we first checked in.. The lobby did smell like cigarette smoke which gave a bad first impression for a non smoker. The staff at check out was friendlier.

My brother stayed "down the road" and paid at least 3x what I spent on this room for basically sleeping there.

Don't know if I would "vacation here" but it certainly was a good place for a couple guys to crash, shower and use as our "home base".

Its in a great location close to shops, gas, liquor store, restaurant, coffee shop and the highway most within walking distance.

If I was in the Area and Needed and Inexpensive place to lay my head I WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN.

Room Tip: Try the second building away from Bob Evans Restaurant, and the lobby.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Livonia, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We pulled in, there were four cop cars surrounding the hotel. We got to our room, the room was a sauna, it was hard for us to breath. We turned on the air conditioning, constant loud buzzing sound. We complained, they gave us a room key that didn't work to a new room. I will write a review everyday for the rest of my life until they give me a refund :-)

• Stayed December 2013
Gaylord
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is the worst hotel ever!!! It used to be a Motel 6 and according to the advertisement, they said that they renovated all the rooms.....What a joke, carpet filthy, bedspread and blanket looked like they had never been washed and there where only 2 towels in the bathroom.. And the sheets did not fit the mattress... Never stay there again and would not recommend to my worse enemy!!!!!!! Terrible experience!

Room Tip: Go some place else!!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!