“Great hotel for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Canton
toronto
“Great hotel for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2008

A group of 9 ladies and I stayed at the Extended Stay in Canton, Michigan for a weekend sports event in Ann Arbor. Due to it being graduation weekend, we could not get a hotel in AA, so settled for the 25 minute drive from Canton.

We were pleasantly surprised to each be given a room, which included a full fridge, kitchen counter, sink, coffee maker, plates, cutlery, pots and pan and 2 burner element, full bathroom, queen size bed and colour cable tv, for the low price of $38 per night. My windows opened too.

We all enjoyed having our own rooms and the hotel is located next to a really nice Italian restaurant on one side and an Indian restaurant on the other 'side'. Shopping and other restaurants were close by as well. All in all a great deal for a weekend stay.

• Liked — the price
  • Stayed April 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2007

My girlfriend and I stayed here as an alternative to staying in Ann Arbor, MI (which is only 15 miles away) for the OSU vs. UMich game. I highly recommend doing this as opposed to staying in the overpriced Ann Arbor hotels if you are going to Ann Arbor for an event. I booked the hotel through Hotwire at $39 per night and was quite pleased when I received my room.

My biggest complaint was lack of staff when needed. There was no front desk person when I arrived and had to call for one. As it turned out, she was on break. Granted I checked in around 7pm, I felt there should have been someone at the front desk at all times.

As for the room itself, I received a room on the ground floor with a queen sized bed. The room was spacious and clean. Towels and linen were clean as well as the bathroom area. Unfortunately, the walls are thin and it's quite easy to hear your neighbors if they are loud talkers or in our case, we were able to hear one of our neighbors snore!

Internet usage requires a 4.99 fee which covers the entire length of your stay. Honestly, it should be free and it annoys me whenever hotels charge their guests for wireless internet services. I did not use any of the other amenities such as laundry facility, but the area looked clean and well-kept like much of the hotel itself.

Location wise, it stands right next to Carrabas, a great Italian chain restaurant and is nearby plenty of other restaurants as well.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2007

Our stay at the “Extended Stay America” hotel had both good and bad moments. The staff at the front desk was functional, but not real friendly. The motel was very good about making and changing reservations though. The air conditioning in the first room we had didn’t work, so they moved us to another room very quickly. The second room was a bit larger and the air worked fine, but the room was dirty and the shower curtain had mildew all around the bottom. The room also smelled very smokey, so my wife purchased some Lysol and “Fabrezze” at the local Wal-Mart and cleaned the shower herself. The halls were very dirty and there was a $4.99 charge for “in room” internet service for the length of your stay. We have stayed at many hotels across the country and have never had to pay for internet service. I think if you are a guest in their establishment then the internet should be free. There was no free continental breakfast in the lobby because each room has a small kitchen. There is no free newspaper, either out side your door or in the lobby. There is no dishwasher in the rooms so that meant all of the dishes have to be done by hand. Something we haven’t had to do in years. The prices are not much cheaper for all the little things you don’t receive at this motel. I don’t think we would stay there again except in an emergency. For my money I will stay at the La Quinta Inn across the parking lot. The cost is about the same and you get all the amenities.

• Liked — Ease in making reservations
  • Disliked — Cleanliness and internet charge
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2007

I was visiting friends in the area and didn't want to drive home so I stayed here on a Friday night. Got an internet rate of $49.00 for a king suite. Check-in issues - people in front of me had reservations but could not be found in the system (reservationist had them coming in two days later, finally resolved). I was given a handicapped room which I accepted until I found it had a bad smell. I asked to be switched. The only room left at that point was a queen suite. I waited for someone to physically go up and check if it was clean because it didn't show up in their system. None of this stuff was a particular bother to me, it was all handled well. It's more for reference than anything else. Anyway, after settling in I kept getting static electricity shocks everytime I touched metal because it was so very dry in there. Turns out the bed was very uncomfortable. Dried out and unable to sleep I tossed and turned all night. I suppose I should have got up and filled the tub and sinks to create some humidity. Any other time of the year, this would not have been a problem. The staff is accomodating and tries hard. Hotel was clean and quiet even though sold out. It's in a safe area with lots of stores and restaurants. All my issues could have been resolved except for the bed. If you are the type that can sleep anywhere, you may not have a problem with the beds. In that case, this hotel provides a lot for the money.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2004

Stayed the last two years here newer hotel full kitchen and recliner chair. Great for the Buisness travler or small family

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton? Share your experiences!