“Very comfortable business hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 11 hotels in Canton
Bartlett, Illinois, United States
“Very comfortable business hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I've now stayed here two years in a row and will return each year I come back for business. As a HHonors elite member, I was pleased to see I was upgraded to a whirlpool suite. Check in staff was very efficient and the breakfast was very good for a "free breakfast". Also, consistently good coffee in lobby. Convenient access to an Italian chain restaurant located across the parking lot. (They will also deliver to the lobby if you prefer).

Rooms were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a bit tight, but they all seem to be these days. Plenty of space in the parking lot and the area appeared safe and clean. Easy access off of the expressway. AC worked well. The electronic Do Not Disturb system makes the hotel feel very modern.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Good: Check in was efficient and room was clean. There is a restaurant within walking distance. Breakfast was very good with lots of fresh fruit, hot eggs (probably powdered), make your own waffles, yogurt, cereal. Good location off the freeway but no freeway noise.

The bad: I hardly slept all night as the air conditioner in our room was incredibly noisy and woke me up every time it kicked on. We checked in later in the evening so by the time this issue became apparent to us it was quite late and we were in our pajamas so we did not want to go down to ask for a different room. When we checked out the next day, I told the guy at the front desk about it and his response was "oh". No apology, no thank you for letting us know, just oh.

I'm a Hilton rewards member and generally like Hampton's because they are a good value and generally very clean and comfortable. But this was not a stellar experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Everything was as it should be....until 8:30 am when we were all sleeping and the doorbell was ringing...only to find it was housekeeping there to hand us a newspaper? Every hotel I have stayed in the newspaper is left at the door. Check out is at noon, I don't understand why we couldn't sleep in??? The day before was spent traveling and at a hospital for a family emergency...we got in late and were exhausted...very strange practice to say the least. I felt like I was being kicked out. We won't stay there again...lots of other hotels to choose from in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kalamazoo, Mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Don't take the title as damning with faint praise....this hotel was really nice. I felt as though I was staying at a brand one or two notches above what most would consider Hampton Inn to be. Nice large rooms, large bathroom, good breakfast, evening reception, clean and modern. What more could you want?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Check-in was miserable and room wasn't what I expected...let's just say not the most pleasant area to be in. The people or whomever was above my room didn't have the consideration of others.

Room Tip: Just don't stay if you plan on getting no sleep
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Garden City, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

This hotel was HORRIBLE! I blocked a bunch of rooms for my family and friends after our wedding. My husband and I met with the General Manager/ Group Coordinator many times before the wedding and had everything all planned out including the shuttle.

When I got there the night before my wedding I was told that I could pay with cash at check out,(it was a wedding present) and that they would only keep my debit card number on file. Also many things were broken in the room when I called the front desk they said we will get to it tomorrow. I woke up the morning of my wedding to a note under my door saying come to the front desk your credit card was denied. The lady at the front desk was loud and rude when explaining the problem to me. All of my family turned and looked at me standing there in my curlers and pajamas with tears in my eyes. She said that they have to run the credit card and that the information we were given was wrong. The bill needed to be paid when I checked in, but paying it right now would be allowed. 5 hours before my wedding they wanted me to track down the person paying for my room and get it paid. I ended up paying cash for the room right then and there. Needless to say I spent the first 2 hours of my wedding day crying due to the lack of communication and knowledge of the staff. I was on the phone with the General manager crying to her because they had screwed so much up ( mind you she called my room and I got charged for it). After getting that issue resolved I found out that the shuttle had not been booked (even though we had finalized those plans). The hotel offers free shuttle rides to all of their guests until midnight, but I was supposed to pay to get my guests back to the hotel. My guests were told, as they were waiting for the shuttle that the bride refused to let them take the shuttle. So not true it was supposed to still be free to them, I just wasn't going to take it!!

We got back to the hotel on our wedding night and the broken things in our room had not been fixed my husband was told, "maintenance is gone what do you expect me to do?" My brother and his wife walked into their room to find out that someone already had it. They charged my cousin the full amount of her stay on two different credit cards. One of which she had on file and the other she used to buy something downstairs. That took 2 weeks to figure out. The front desk staff was rude to every person that stayed there for my wedding.

When meeting with the General Manager: She walked out of her office smiling and said, " I brought the contract to proove that I am not lying." Wow great opener considering more than half of the problems we had were with the hotel and staff not the contract. As I started telling her how rudely treated I was the morning of my wedding and how I had been crying she started to laugh and said, " really you didn't sound like you were crying when I talked to you on the phone." Wow how can you not tell that someone is incredibly upset when they are bubblering on the phone and repeating I should be happy this is my wedding day. She never once said I am sorry, I will look into that, is there anything we can do... none of that. When we mentioned that our cousin was double charged she instantly printed out the receipts with full credit card numbers, ahhh I do believe that is illegal, and said something to the effect of i don't know what happened. Throughout the entire meeting with her she smiled and laughed at me. Finally I was so upset that I just said, "you refund our room and i am leaving. I will not be laughed at anymore."

This is not the way I wanted to spend my first couple days as a married woman. I was actually so worked up by what happened at the hotel I closed my veil in the door and ripped it 4 hours before my wedding and had to go out and buy the first one that I saw. This was not how I wanted to remember my wedding night.

Do NOT book with this hotel for an event!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

What can i say but this is a very nice Hampton. Close to the freeway (I-295) and plenty of near by restaurants and shopping if needed. Lobby was very clean as was the bedroom.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Suites Detroit-Canton? Share your experiences!