“Attractively Plain” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Cadillac
Ann Arbor
“Attractively Plain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

We needed a place to sleep for one night as part of a trip to Interlochen. We normally stay in Traverse City but considering we really just needed a place to sleep and not hang out, the Traverse City lodgings are very expensive. We decided to stay in Cadillac as it is only about 35 minutes from Interlochen. The Econo Lodge is very basic, clean, quiet, and about $70 less then the motel we normally use in Traverse City. The staff was friendly and made our stay very relaxing. There are several restaurants close by, though the place directly across the street had mediocre food. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to the area.

• Liked — Reasonable Rate
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2007

We liked the price, very cheap, and the location that it was in because it was by the place where we skiied at.
A few days after we got home I realized I had lost my phone.
I looked everywhere and my mom finally called the hotel, they had found my cell and it had got run over by a car in the parking lot but mailed it back to us. ;[
So it was a nice hotel, but not very clean.

• Liked — Prince, location
  • Disliked — its not clean
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Westminster, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2007

We didn't want to spend $200 on a hotel in Traverse City during the Cherry Festival especially since we were heading south the next day, so this place was a lucky find.

It's an older hotel, not terribly close to the freeway and a little tricky to find at night, but we slept comfortably in this outdated but clean room. Because this is such a small city, the staff doesn't man the front desk all night (though can be contacted for emergencies), but when I got there, the keys were taped to the front door with my name on them so we had no problems checking in nor checking out the next day.

If you get a good deal, and don't mind an outdated but clean night's stay, this is a perfectly fine place to stay. There's a nice place to have breakfast next door as well.

Stayed July 2007
Battle Creek, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2007

Although its an older hotel my family found it to be clean and well-kept. The continental breakfast could have used more selection. (bagels, muffins and orange juice were offered but it would have also been nice to have some cereal, fruit, yogurt and milk there) The staff was extremely friendly every time I called and even refered to me by name when I was calling to check on my husband's reservation. They had also just gotten a new computer system which was a bit slow and the staff were very apologetic about it. About 2 weeks after my family had stayed there I called to see if my daughter had left her cell phone there. Sure enough, she had. An employee had found it in the parking lot and it had been run over. They gladly mailed it back to us. Whenever my family goes to Cadillac to ski this will definately be the place they will stay from now on.

• Liked — Price and Location
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
South Shields
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2007

I visited Michigan and Ohio for a few days in March 2007 and travelled through Cadillac on my back to Detroit. My stay was enjoyable and the staff were friendly and very helpful. The room was affordable, very clean and had a lovely view. Overall i'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a cheap place to stay in Northern MI.

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!