“Clean & Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Cadillac
Norwood, Pennsylvania
“Clean & Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed here July 4th weekend en route to the Cherry Festival. What you see is what u get. Very accuate pictures of room & nice location. Refrigerator, 2 super comfortable queen beds, hot water in shower. I don't require alot when traveling because we spend minimal time actually in the room. I only ask for clean & comfortable & this location met those requirements. Small breakfast room with few choices but nice. Missed 5 stars due to shower pressure was standard at best. The kind of showerhead where the water squirts around you. The shower itself was very clean. There also was a slight patch of black mold in grout on bathroom wall. It looked to have been scrubbed but needed a tad more tlc. Walls a little thin where u could hear other guests running water but otherwise a very quiet stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is not our first stay here. We have always been satisfied, and we too like the two entrances. We stayed on the ground floor in the back with our two dogs. The dogs enjoyed being able to see out the French door. There have been many improvements since our last stay. The double beds have been upgraded to two queens and have very comfortable mattresses. The breakfast room is all brand new. The carpet appears to be new. The staff was very friendly, helpful and cheerful, our room was very clean. There was a hairdryer in the bathroom and a new tub/shower. There is a frig and I think a microwave. The single cup coffee maker made surprisingly good coffee. My husband and I were 100% satisfied and would stay again. We also had a neighbor next door and could not hear a sound.

Room Tip: The ground floor in back your car is only a few steps away. The second floor is farther but your vie...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

For a budget hotel this one is tops. The have french doors leading to the outside on the main floor. There are also french doors going out to a patio on the second floor. With the door on the main floor makes it very easy to unload your car. There are also hall entrances, so it's the best of both worlds.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. They know the area very well, so you can get a lot answers and information from them.

The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. They have been doing upgrades, but it's still a little dated. All in all a great place for the money.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the building are quieter than the front because of the road in the front.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Northville, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is a great choice for a budget stay in the Cadillac area. The rooms are a bit outdated, but are very clean and the beds are comfortable. Every room has a balcony, and the ones on the front side of the hotel have a nice view of the lake. Staff was friendly and was able to give us a great rate.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kettering, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is my second stay here.

It wasn't as great as my first visit, but it was still good.

I reserved and paid for an upper and was given a lower. I don't like having a door that opens onto the parking lot, prefering the balcony upstairs room have.

The employees were good, the breakfast OK.

There are nicer places in the area - but - they all cost a lot more too.

So, given the price, I'll be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

There are better choices in the area. For the value this hotel misses the mark for the business or leisure traveller. They apparently have a regular clientele of workers housed here. That's ok and they were quiet,but for 99.00 a night a little cleaning is in order. The room obviously had milk spilled out of the refrigerator on to the carpet. The smell of spoiled milk was very evident. When reported we were told sorry they would let the housekeepers know. I think it is pretty obvious from other reviews with same type of complaints that this is a very weak point in this motel. I addressed it to front desk staff and I addressed it in a survey. I got an unsigned robo response back. Sorry we will try again. No, next trip I will choose something else. I do not think I get the value for what they charge here. Ps we were travelling with our two dogs who had been professionally groomed before we embarked I was concerned about them and they chargd us a pet cleaning fee. No problem with that at all, but please use it!

• Stayed September 2013
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Tried this hotel based on trip advisor reviews, we were NOT impressed. It's obvious that there are "regulars" staying here based on the way some contractor trucks were parking. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating, but that turned out to be the only positive about the hotel. The room smelled musty, and carpet had many stains. The walls had grease running down them, it looked like someone sprayed them all with a squirt gun. The table in the room was covered in what we HOPE was pop, and it was obvious no one had cleaned it in some time. Please, don't stay here,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Andy p, Owner at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest:

First, let me thank you for your input. Second, I take my guests' inputs very seriously. I followed up on your lead in trying to locate this room but I was not able to. Can you let me know what room number and what dates you stayed? My staff and I work tirelessly to make sure all of our guests have the most enjoyable experience at my property. To that end, since I bought the property in 2009, I have heavily invested into the property to bring it up to today's expectation. For example, the dedicated breakfast room. I hope you will give us a another chance to serve you. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cadillac
Hampton Inn Cadillac
Evergreen Resort
Evergreen Resort
#3 of 14 in Cadillac
4.0 of 5 stars 161 reviews

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!