“Great location for snowmobiling” 5 of 5 stars

McGuire's Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   7880 Mackinaw Trail, Cadillac, MI 49601   |
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Cadillac
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Great location for snowmobiling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed two nights as a get together with our grown children. The hotel rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was quite nice with several hot items. The price with breakfast included can't be beat. The property was right on one of the snowmobile trails and M&M rental delivered the sleds right to the hotel. McGuire's is also close to Caberfae for skiing. For price, convenience and helpful staff, this is the place to stay in Cadillac.

Room Tip: One of the rooms we chose was a larger end room so that we would have a place to meet and visit.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
bshepa01, Front Office Manager at McGuire's Resort, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm glad that your trip in January went well, and you were able to enjoy some snowmobiling. It is nice to hear that you were taken care of throughout your stay. Hopefully you will be able to come back and visit us again soon.

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Elkhart, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed three nights at McGuires while skiing at Caberfae. Room was nice and amenities were good. Great pool and hot tub area. Bar was very good with good variety of drinks. Staff was helpful. The buffet breakfast was a nice touch although they served the same menu each morning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
bshepa01, Front Office Manager at McGuire's Resort, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback. I hope your ski trip went well and everybody had a good time. I'm glad to hear the the staff did their job in taking care of you while you were here. I also appreciate the feedback about the continental breakfast buffet. As you stated, the offering was the same each morning. We did this in response to other guest feedback stating they wanted a "consistent" breakfast. We are always looking for ways to improve, so we do appreciate hearing from our guests.

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have stayed several times in the last year. But it is this 2 night visit that I want to review specifically. From our first contact with Bill when making reservations, to the last phone call with the front desk for express checkout we were overly impressed with every staff member we came in contact with.
We are looking for a clean and reasonably priced place to sleep when not on the slopes. Cindy did a great job having a nice clean room waiting for us. A clean room is a high priority for us. The rooms are simple, but with comfy beds and pillows. The pool is okay, refreshing although the chemicals always seem a little off. The workout room had a little less equipment than we expected. We weren't too disappointed, since we stay active on the slopes. It is just over 20 minutes away from Caberfae Peaks. Breakfast is a hot continental that came with our room. A great start to our day without cutting into our budget. The staff working in the restaurant were great and did a great job of getting refills, meeting our needs and picking up our used dishes. What impressed me most was one of the waitresses, Nett I think, had the most cheerful personality. Her cheerfulness was a great start to our day. Her mood was contagious.
Although McGuires doesn't necessarily fit my definition of a luxury resort. It is a perfect fit for my family, and we have no plans to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2013
bshepa01, Front Office Manager at McGuire's Resort, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. We love to get feedback from our guests. I would also like to thank you for mentioning some specific people. I will make sure that they are aware that they did a good job.
I appreciate you letting us know your concerns with the pool and workout room. We do our best to keep the chemicals in balance so as not to affect our guests. We have also been discussing different options for our workout room. Your feedback as well as others allows us to see where we are doing well and where we need to improve.
Thank you again for keeping us informed on how we are doing. We hope to see you again soon.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

McGuire's has cross country ski trails (hilly) and snowshoe trails in their backyard (would make good sledding too!). It is 20 min from Caberfe and 45 min from Crystal Mountain (5 min from Lake Cadillac is you like ice fishing).

The room we had was very nice with new carpet, patio and a jetted tub (deluxe queen room). The pool, sauna and hot tub were great and connected to other buildings so you did not have to walk outdoors to get to it. We asked for an extra blanket and towel, and they were delivered promptly and cheerfully.

The breakfast was outstanding. It is served in the beautiful Terrace room overlooking the golf course with nicely set tables and friendly wait staff. Large variety of items (meats, eggs, breads, cereal, yogurt and fruit).

We cannot beleive it was so inexpensive. Would go back anytime.

Room Tip: the deluxe rooms have a kitchenette (counter with sink, frig) which probably makes them bigger, wort...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
bshepa01, Front Office Manager at McGuire's Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback! It looks like you had a great stay. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the winter activities that we have to offer. I'm also glad that you enjoyed the breakfast. We have been working on improving it, so the feedback is great.
Please think of us again the next time you visit the area. We look forward to seeing you.

Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was really excited to find out that the hotel had pet friendly rooms, so we could bring our dog, I was horrified when we got in to our room to see the condition of it. The Pet friendly rooms are the rooms closest to the golf course and what I can guess are also the oldest and by far the most rundown. Although they had and advertise Wi-Fi I couldn't get it unless I was at the restaurant in that is located off the lobby. The carpeting was ripped up, the room smelled of wet dog, old school tiny TV, old ratty mattresses, and the worst thing was when we got back home I had flea bites and my dog had fleas that I had to contend with for the next two weeks. If you're staying here, don't bring your pet, and definitely ask for a room closer to the main office. It seems the farther you are away the older your building is and the worst shape its in.

Room Tip: "do not trust the "pet-friendly" rooms"
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
bshepa01, Front Office Manager at McGuire's Resort, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We appreciate your feedback on the condition of our rooms. The pet friendly rooms are some of the most used rooms on our property and do need a renovation. Our property is under new management. They and ownership are working on a renovation plan to refresh our guestrooms. We have already taken some steps to help improve the rooms you mentioned. I would be open to discussing this with you further if you would like to contact me directly at 1-800-632-7302.

Jonesville, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Spent 2 nights at McGuire's Resort and was pleased with the accomodations. The room was clean, the TV had a lot of channels, the water was hot, the wireless internet was fast and free. I was satisfied with the breakfast choices. The staff I encountered.was friendly and helpful. The price was reasonable. McGuire's is a nice place to stay at a fair price. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
bshepa01, Front Office Manager at McGuire's Resort, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Mike,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that everything with your stay was pleasant. We've been working hard to improve all that we do, from how the rooms are cleaned, to the interaction with our guests. It is nice to see that it is working.

Bill

Been to McGuire's Resort? Share your experiences!