“excellent” 5 of 5 stars

You added Cadillac - Days Inn to your Saves list
Cadillac - Days Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6001 E M-115, US 115 & Route 55, Cadillac, MI 49601   |
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Cadillac

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Clements, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I recently stayed a week at the Days Inn, Cadillac, MI. I was there with my dad and sister so we could visit family in the area. The room was small but clean. The decor was motel-ish (nothing special). The breakfast was ok if you like to eat biscuits and gravy (I'm a vegetarian so don't eat meat which is what the gravy is made with). There was also fruit (apples and oranges), fruit juice (not fresh), dry cereal, hardboiled eggs, coffee, tea, and mini-muffins. It was enough to take the edge off until you could go elsewhere for real food.

Nice features: the room had a microwave and a mini-fridge. That was handy for keeping and reheating left-overs which I had for dinner a couple of nights while there.

My only complaint about the motel was the air conditioning unit which had to run 24/7 to keep up with Michigan's summer heat and humidity. It was noisy at night. There was likely nothing the motel could have done to make the situation better. It just was the way it was.

The service at the motel was very good. There was someone available immediately to fix problems (e.g., I couldn't figure out how to turn on the light above the bed when I first checked in so reception sent someone to show me how to work the lamp).

If I had a reason to stay in Cadillac again, I likely would stay there again. It was good enough for what I needed.

Room Tip: We had rooms at the end of the ground floor corridor. That made loading and unloading the car much...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
DaysInnCadillac, General Manager at Cadillac - Days Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for the detailed description of your stay with us! We find that the more info you provide the more we can do to ensure your next stay is even better than the last! We have ordered several new A/C units to replace some of the older noisier units we have. I'm sure you noticed we are currently undergoing a remodel of the hotel. One of our projects is expanding our kitchen to be able to accommodate more breakfast options, including more vegetarian items. I hope you choose the Days Inn for your next visit to Cadillac!
Otsego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The hotel was being remodeled but every thing was very clean. Our room was nice. My only complaint would be the desk service. I was greeted by house staff that said they couldn't help me and I would have to wait. She didn't contact anyone. After 5 minutes a women appeared. I told her my sister in-law was paying for our room and she said she had a note that said that wasn't true. So I gave her my credit card after a little more talk. My sister in-law was upset because she had taken care of everything.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your feedback of your stay! I apologize for the confusion at the Front Desk. We try our best to ensure that credit card information is kept confidential. We have had several issues with credit card fraud over the years. We have trained our staff to be overly cautious of people using others credit cards without the proper authorization forms. We do this for our guest's safety. Unfortunately, when the proper authorization forms are not filled out in advance there can be some confusion upon check-in. That being said, we have reviewed our procedures to ensure that our policies are properly communicated in advance to guests that are paying for other's rooms. Again, I am sorry for the confusion and inconvenience this caused you during your check-in. Your feedback has been very helpful to ensure this does not happen to others in the future.

Been to Cadillac - Days Inn? Share your experiences!