“Relaxing...Perfect Fall Get Away - Loved It!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beary Lake Inn Bed & Breakfast

Beary Lake Inn Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cadillac
Beary Lake Inn Bed & Breakfast
You added Beary Lake Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
7720 South 47 Road, Cadillac, MI 49601   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Cadillac B&B and Inns
Ada, Michigan
“Relaxing...Perfect Fall Get Away - Loved It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Beary Lake Inn is a rare jewel in Northern Michigan. We stayed during the week and for a very reasonable price ended up with two bedrooms and a private bathroom (Black Bear and Cub Room). We payed less than we would have for one bedroom at a cookie cutter, sterile, chain hotel. It was wonderful to be traveling with a child and stay in a place that allowed us so much space as a family. The house itself has a lot of character, I loved the panoramic view from the living room. I don't think the pictures on the website do this place justice! We used the hot tub and it was just magical, the brick archways overhead...the wooded yard (very private), the nippy morning air and a warm cup of coffee. I think my husband and I might try to come back in the winter and stay in the polar bear suite. There is a gorgeous fireplace, a cute little kitchen and very cozy looking bedroom. The hot tub is right outside of this suite. I think this could possibly be one of the most romantic Northern Michigan winter/fall get aways that you will find up North.

This was our first stay in a bed and breakfast and I was very pleased. Our hosts, Cheryl and Robert were friendly yet not intrusive. We felt very comfortable staying here. The house and rooms were spotlessly clean and our bed was very, very comfortable. We had a fridge in our room. I would give them more than five stars if I could.

I think my son would like me to mention Ken and Kay, the dogs. They were so gentle and friendly. My son is 11 and he had a great time romping around with them outside :) .

Room Tip: If you are a family with children you will love the Black Bear and Cub Suites. If you are a couple t...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Livingston County, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

Service--Great, well prepared suite for our family and a warm welcome to their home. The owners understood the challenges of traveling with young children and pets.

Our room--We stayed in the Grizzly Suite above the garage. It was more like a one bedroom apartment with everything we needed for a rustic stay.

Area attrations--Frozen custard at Culver's on Boon Road and authentic Italian food (with homemade pasta, sauces, salad dressings) and fresh baked bread at the Marina Ristorante on 115 just south of the canal between Lake Cadillac and Lake Mitchell. Oh, and then we enjoyed a sunset on the beach of Lake Mitchell after that wonderful Italian meal.

Best--Location and the owners were terrific as well as the scenery. We enjoyed the onsite hiking trail and local parks.

So,so--The compostable toilet was a positive learning experience, although some running water would have been nice to rinse coffee cups, etc. I guess I wouldn't survive real camping very well.

Least--Area roads are challenging to navigate with online mapping software. The naming conventions are irrational as is when they are dirt and when they are paved. Perhaps the Cadillac Visitor's Bureau has better maps.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2008

We stayed at Beary Lake Inn this past weekend. We drove 200 miles to the Cadillac area for a wedding. Our initial lodging plans fell through and called Beary Lake on a whim. We were hoping they had space available for the four of us at the last minute. It happened to be they were available. We got directions and arrived within minutes of speaking with the owner. Accomodations were lovely. Rustic/cabin feel, beautiful view with the lake a short distance away. My 6 year old daughter was thrilled with "her room." Stuffed bears all over the room and a checkers mat just like she has in her kindergarten class. Comfortable bed, internet access and the top floor to ourselves. The other two in our party stayed in the lower level unit with a kitchen, fireplace and hot tub. We all enjoyed relaxing in the hot tub after the wedding. Breakfast was great! If you go, say hi to Ken and Kay (the most friendly dogs) and Billy the cat. They'll greet you in the driveway.

Stayed June 2008

Been to Beary Lake Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!