“Nice and new” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 13 hotels in Cadillac
Essexville, Michigan
“Nice and new”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We had a very bad experience at another hotel down the road. We are so happy that we checked out of the previous hotel and checked in to this one. The front desk staff are super friendly. The rooms are comfortable and modern. Breakfast was hot and the breakfast area was very clean. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Cadillac!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cadillac, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank You!! We strive to make our guest stay enjoyable and comfortable. We look forward to serving you in the future.

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Marcellus, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel is getting some upgrades in the lobby so it will be really nice when it's done. The rooms are clean and up to date. Beds are comfortable and my room had a microwave and small fridge. The people were really friendly and helpful. The location is outside of town but close to the main road. It's about 2 miles into downtown. I works stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Julie S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cadillac, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Is great to hear these wonderful reviews while we are remodeling. Thank you for staying with us! Happy Holidays
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My sons hockey team stayed here while playing in a tournament. It's exactly what you expect from HIE. My only complaint is that the pool has no ventilation so chlorine fumes were strong. For some reason hotels are expensive in Cadillac. But this was competitively priced for area.

Stayed November 2013
Julie S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cadillac, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. Great bunch of kids. I am sorry you had a problem with the chlorine smell. Our maintenance staff works to keep the levels at the proper levels. I will adivse them you had this problem.
Again, thank you for staying with us
Rochester Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

First I want to say I got this hotel on Priceline.com for about $40 cheaper than hotel rate. I suggest this for any hotel stay!!!

Stayed one night early September 2013. Very friendly hospitality. Hotel Lobby is modern and very clean. The staff opened the dinning room for us to eat our take out dinner.

Rooms were clean and everything was in order. (grout in bathroom needed fixed, but was not bad) Beds are ok. I am used to sleeping on a memory foam mattress, but I still snored my night away.

Breakfast was above average for hotels. Coffee was nice and hot!

Room Tip: Do not get a room by the elevators - Ice machine, vending right by elevator are loud.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Julie S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cadillac, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments . We strive to be a "Great Hotel Guest Love"
FREMONT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was easy to get to off expressway. Very friendly staff, clean room, good breakfast which was kept stocked! Had a good night's sleep. Was quiet and we were surprised to find it was not a new place! If in area would not hesitate to stay here again. In room 210. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay. We strive to keep all of our guest happy.
Oak Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Ok, so this Holiday Inn is actually probably the nicest one my boyfriend and I have been to, and we’ve been to plenty. It was very clean and looked new. The lady at the front desk was very kind, esp. since we didn’t get there until midnight. Our room was surprising beautiful. Looked very sharp and modern. The bathroom was very spacious and everything looked nice and clean. I wish all Holiday Inn’s looked like this! And I know some have complained about the mattresses, but I thought they were great, but I like mine a bit firmer. Only complaint: I have a huge, irrational fear of spider. Like millions of people, I hate them. Well, I woke up the next morning and lo and behold there are TWO medium-sized (think nickels) spiders on the ceiling, and they were very actively moving around. Well, I had my suitcase sitting open on the chair. Luckily I moved it because next thing I knew, I turned around and one of them literally had dropped right onto the chair. I have no idea what kind these were, but they had ball backs. YUCK. I “thought” I killed it with a shoe, but a few minutes later it had crawled off. Oh, and the entire ceiling had a giant web about ½ down because the spiders were crawling around very, very fast. We warned the lady about it, but yeah, watch out. This totally skeeved me out. We were in room 115 btw. So yeah, maybe don’t stay in that room? Other than that, lovely.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Oh my...I am so sorry you experienced a spider in your room. We have had maintenance spray for this problem. Again, I aplogies
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Desk staff was friendly and check-in was quick. The room was clean and as expected. We used the pool which was adequately sized and were visiting family about 20 miles north at Fife Lake. The hotel is conveniently located right off of the expressway. We also needed to use the laundry facilities which were clean as well. Breakfast was well stocked.

Room Tip: We stayed at the south end of the building and on a Monday morning the dumpster was emptied at 5am...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Julie S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cadillac, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for all your comments. We are happy you enjoyed the hotel. I am sorry you were awaken by the dumpster being emptied. Management has been made aware of this. Again, thank you.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cadillac? Share your experiences!