“It's certainly different” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Vancouver Island, Canada
“It's certainly different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

They are going for the rural hunting lodge look complete with deer heads, stuffed bears and fir beams. It reminded me of a restaurant I once visited in North Dakota in 1970. It's a convivial atmosphere, a bit tongue in cheek but it somehow works. It's clearly very popular. Asking for a gin and tonic was probably an error. I don't know what I got but it sure wasn't tonic. The calamari and the mushrooms starter was a big hit with our table. I tried a very nice piece of walleye and my wife went with a Caesar salad. Everybody was pleased with the food, the décor and the service. All in all, it was a pleasant evening, certainly different to the norm but a nice experience of Northern Michigan. We would probably go back. It was well worth a visit.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Franklin, Ohio
“Good little find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

After reviewing on TA, we made our way to the Timbers. Reviews are correct ... best mushrooms and a lot!!! WOW. I ended up getting full on those, so when that GIGANTIC portion of fish and chips came, ate a few bites and packed it up. No worries, lunch tomorrow. :) Hubby got liver and onions and it was also very good. Listen to the reviews - if you normally share a meal - do it especially here as the portions are really BIG. We didn't because of the liver and onions, but it was so good, I would have definitely shared that. We will be back. Love the decor as well.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Temperance MI
“Quality and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We ate at the Timbers restaurant twice in one week while staying nearby on Lake Mitchell. Both times we were very pleased. The Reuben sandwich was outstanding and my sister had the blackened pork with a cherry sauce on the side. The pork was outstanding. The second time I had coconut shrimp which was tasty and had a sour cherry sauce for dipping that was a great compliment to the sweet coconut. Hats off to their chef! Salads were fresh with great house dressings. Service was excellent.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cadillac, Michigan
“One of my favorites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

This is one of my favorite places to go in town. Good food, good service, great beer selection. The atmosphere is casual and comfortable.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“In the right place at the right time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

After a long drive thru the wonderful northern part of Michigan, stopped by the restaurant; after a quick check with trip advisor, we went in. Certainly the reviews were accurate. Thank you tripadvisor for being that voice of reason :) I had a juicy steak, the service was good and all was priced just right... good food, good value and a family feel to it...

• Visited May 2014