“Great location, average food” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is a great family restuarant! We have visited it about 4 times and each time the food is wonderful and the prices are so reasonable. Would love to see it listed in Tripadvisor! If it makes it in, I would definately submit a review! By the way, your site is AWESOME and I use it all the time! Sincerely, Anita Struck (puhnkee@sbcglobal.net)
Temperance MI
“Great location, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Set between two wonderful Michigan lakes, it's a prime spot. Affordable meals, good Reuben sandwich, breakfasts looked good too. Help and service was so so. Don't come if you are in a rush. Lots of misc hanging around to look at.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Michigan City, Indiana
“Very disappointing! Skip it & go someplace were the food tastes better.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Never eating here again. Seems like management has changed or they are getting cheap. We went for lunch just after the 4th- a busy time but they were under staffed. Food came out wrong- half out food came out 15 minutes before the rest of the table- so we were waiting or they were waiting. Wait staff were not attentive. Food tasted like if was out of a Gordon Food container. Several left food w/o thinking of taking it home. Food was overpriced for what we got.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
West Point, New York
“Great little family spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My kids love to eat here. It's a cute little spot with good food and decent prices. Great after a day on the lake.

Visited July 2013
Lansing, Michigan
“Fantastic breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I'm surprised to see the poor reviews. We've stopped here twice for breakfast and loved it both times. This time, my husband and I shared the "Dawg Chow". I am not a fan of sausage gravy & bisquits, but this is great. Nice atmosphere, very friendly wait staff.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ohio
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

It's got a lumberjack atmosphere. It's got a lake location. Its looks clean and new. The place was recommended by a local, but the place didn't work for me. I was not a happy camper. This seems like old-school, pre-WWII style cookery. Service was slow. My eggs were incredibly greasy. The coffee was so watery to barely taste like coffee. This is THE place if you like to eat in quantity, as the menu emphasizes large portions. If you are a lumberjack who burns a lot of calories in a day (or maybe you enjoy eating, eating, eating), then this is the place for you. After my breakfast here, I felt queasy for hours from ingesting so much grease/oil/fat. Why didn't I ask for more napkins to soak some of it up? Dummy me. I had many outstanding experiences during my vacation in Michigan, in a special way - this was one of them.

• Visited June 2013