“NOT OPEN” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
South Bend Indiana
“NOT OPEN”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We have been going to Tabor Hill for at least six years, have recommended to several people. NOW I am really discussed with Tabor Hill. Go on their web site and they tell you they are not open Monday and Tuesday, they forgot to mention Wednesday and Thursday, so we drive from South Bend to Tabor Hill for lunch on Thursday and guess what they are CLOSED! I wonder how many people drove there to have lunch and were disappointed.

Visited March 2014

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Pleasant wine and truffles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Tasting fee is $9 per person for six samples
But they refund this back with a purchase
We had a wonderful wine guide with a true passion for his job

Purchased a bottle of Viognier

Tinley Park, Illinois
“Amazing place for Valentines Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

My friend and I decided to have our first Valentines Day dated at the winery. We made reservations and came for a late lunch early diner. We chose the menu specials for Valentines day. We cannot say how please we were with the services and the taste and the presentation of the food was all Perfection! The bananna cheese cake dessert was outstanding . We had tasted some sweet white wines that were recommened and also we enjoyed them. Cannot wait to come back..
Thank You for making my Valentines Day a special one.
Sue S

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Very Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I don’t understand all these Excellent reviews. We made a special trip to St. Joseph Michigan to celebrate a Valentine’s Day birthday, and decided to dine at Tabor Hill. It took us about half an hour from our hotel to get to the winery. We were so looking forward to our dinner. We checked in for our reservation and were puzzled because the Hostess took the couple ahead of us and checked their coats, but when she got to us she didn't even ask, so to the table they came. We felt after we were seated, water came quickly but it took much too long to get our first round of drinks and our appetizer. We were starving at that point, not even a basket of bread. Our server was polite and seemed to care about our experience, but we thought she could have checked with us more often than she did. The best part of the meal was the Tomato Soup with the Grilled Cheese Crouton and the Blue Cheese Chip appetizer. As far as our entrees, my husband received a luke-warm, mediocre, 16oz. Porterhouse Steak (which seemed extremely small for 16 oz.) but he thought the potatoes that came with it were good, and my entree of Tenderloin Medallions was also disappointing for the money (three small slices of tenderloin). I almost felt like we didn’t get what we expected because perhaps they were running out of food? We also were disappointed that our server didn’t remind us when we were ordering that my entrée of Tenderloin Medallions came with a side of creamed spinach. We ordered an ala carte version to share and we were taken aback when we had all this creamed spinach on the table, which I might add, wasn’t very good either. It was very watery, had little flavor with some kind of crumb topping. She did remove that item from our bill. The last straw was that I had called the restaurant in advance to ask them to note that it was my husband’s birthday. Our server knew nothing about it, so no complimentary Happy Birthday to him. I rarely write a review and complain, but I just had to share our experience. The atmosphere of the winery was nice and the restaurant was beautiful, but for the money spent it just wasn’t worth it. Don’t think we will return.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing service, wonderful view, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Not many wineries with restaurants so this one took the cake. Very nice service at the tasting by Tom and by our server in the restaurant too.

Visited February 2014