“The rave is what? Not sure” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Buchanan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Phone is (269) 697-0043.
Stevensville, Michigan
“The rave is what? Not sure”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Not sure why people would return here. Apparently they are none for the awesome cornbread they serve complimentary. We would not know because our waitress failed to bring us any. Then I ordered the bookers steak dinner....never been to a restaurant where you were not offered a soup or salad choice with an entree. The steak was just ok, nothing special and not worth the price. My husband ordered the darkened chicken with andouille sauce, now the waitress warned it was a "little" spicy. It was so spicy hot that he couldn't even tell if it was chicken or the veggies when he ate.

Niles, Michigan
“Great local place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Go here all the time. A great restaurant, you really cant go wrong with anything on the menu. The burgers and barbecue are very good with large portion sizes. Desserts are homemade and also delicious. Overall a great experience for such a small town.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago
“consistent comfort food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We go here regularly, not for a gourmet meal, but for the excellent barbecue (we get the combo plate, ribs and half chicken to split and it's more than enough for 2), the great local beers, and of course the Texas sheet cake, warm with ice cream on top. We never leave hungry. We've tried some other things; I like the smoked salmon served in large chunks, and done in house, when available as appetizer; the mango shrimp appetizer is pretty good; but we generally stick to the basics and leave satisfied.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indiana
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I ate at Wheatberry's yesterday for the first time, after hearing some good things about it. First off, we both loved the atmosphere. The interior just had a nice feel. Our waitress was nice enough. She brought some samples of different beer on tap so that my husband could decide which he wanted. The problem we both found with this restaurant was the food. I've read several reviews stating the BBQ was delicious. Hmm. We would both strongly disagree. I ordered the Pulled Pork Sandwich and my husband ordered the Ribs. Both were extremely tough and the meant just had no flavor. The BBQ sauce was good, but the meat itself really shouldn't have been served to customers. My husband had to literally saw through the ribs to get them apart. And I had to eat my sandwich with a fork and knife b/c the meat was so tough. We would probably go back if we happened to be in the area and just wanted to sit outside and have a beer. But I doubt we would order food again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sawyer Michigan
“MMM Smoked BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Good beer selection, great food in a casual setting. Have eaten the pulled pork and beef and brisket and chicken and its all goo. Try the trout as well. Fresh and local foods and beer are featured.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere