“Very nice park” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Attractions in Brimley
Type: State Parks, Outdoors
“Very nice park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

The park is nice bathrooms are clean. Beach is nice. It is also close enough to a lot of things to go see

Brimley
11 attraction reviews
“A Nice Enough State Park”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This park is only a mile or so from my home so I don't go there often because it is like "backyard" camping to me, but once a year or so I go in for a day or two. The swimming beach is decent. The campsites are decent, and not too many years ago the park electrical was upgraded. I am not sure, but I think they now have a few 50 amp sites. I only need 30 amp. The park is within an hour drive of Tahquamenon Falls, and only a half hour from the Sault so there are things of real interest to do in the area for tourists.

Penticton, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Beach, Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We spent 3 nights at Brimley State Park over 2 visits in May and June. Beach-side camping spots for large RV spots are premium sites, but well worth the extra couple of bucks. Well cared for campsites with useable firepits. I LOVED the beach, especiallyas there were very few other campers. Walked down and past the point and explored the small bays on the east shore. Blissful. Super nice staff went over and above the call of duty arranging permits to save us a couple of bucks... and we didn't even ask!

Visited June 2013
Detroit
5 attraction reviews
“Tent camping Brimley State Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My son and I just spent 2 nights at BSP.The weather was very warm,in the 90's.Our site (234) was 50ft to Lake Superior.So what better way to cool off,... go swimming .Brimley is in a protective bay, so the water was very calm and a nice hard sand bottom.No stones to worry about and you could walk out 150 ft and it was only 4 ft deep.Great for kids and adults.You can walk the beach 1-2 miles in either direction which was nice.Camp sites were good size, but most lacked shade trees.
It took us 5 hrs from the Detroit area.We are going back in August.Teq. Falls are 50 minutes away.There are two casino's 10 minutes away ( if you want to ruin a relaxing time).We highly recommend Brimley State Park for fresh air and star gazing.

74 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Clean Sandy Beach! Walk & Enjoy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have visited this wonderful Park twice to wonder the beach and wade in the beautiful water! I love beaches and this is a beautiful landmark just a step away from Sault Michigan, a great place to visit! Walk the beach, feel the warm sand and relax! Take a picnic, stay the day! But this shoreline is speckled with beautiful beaches, true natural gems! Nature at its best! Love it! Great for all ages! Great for campers, and day visitors! A must see in Michigan.

Visited June 2013