“Over night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Brighton
Alpena, Michigan
“Over night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had an appointment in Ann Arbor and due to some type of event going on all the Hotels I tryed were charging $135.00 and up for a one night stay in the middle of the week. So I contacted the Holiday Inn Express in Brighton and they were able to give me a room for $80.00. Then upgraded me to a suite that day. The room was very nice and was pool side. Everything was very clean from the lobby to the room we stayed in. Good plays to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hawthorn Woods, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Nice hotel in the quite area. Front desk is very helpful and willing to assist with your needs. Very clean rooms and nice location. Recommend for business and/or family stay. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rock Falls, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed 3 nights for a work trip. I was impressed with how clean the room and hotel was, the bed was comfortable, had both fluffy and firm pillows, breakfast was better than expected and there was plenty of everything including places to sit. The hot tub even worked.
Overall it was a very pleasant stay and I don't have a single complaint.
The only caution I have is that the hotel is in a hard to find section of a shopping plaza with no road that goes directly to it, just might want to double check your map before you drive there.

• Stayed September 2013
West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before with no problems. But when I booked a room through Priceline it went bad. As soon as I booked a room on Priceline.com I called the hotel (75 days prior to my stay) to make sure we would get a 2 bed room. The staff person said it was no problem and would put it on the reservation. I called a week before my stay because my brother-in-law made a reservation a few days earlier and they told him there were only one bed rooms left, so when I called the person told me that she only had a 2 bed room avaliable for the first day and then we would have to change rooms the next two days but she would get me a 2 bed room for all 3 days. The day we arrived I was told that there were only one bed rooms left and that's all I would get, so I had to get another room at a cost of $300 extra to me. I go there every year, but will never stay at this hotel again! I want to trust the staff at the hotel I'm staying at.

Room Tip: Get everything about your reservation in writing!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very nice staff, very clean and well located. This is the only place I stay when I visit our Brighton office. Only down side is the breakfast is lacking in my mind and other Holiday Express's I have stayed at do a early eve cocktail and snack time which this location does not.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bear, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Overall the hotel is nice, the breakfast was good but it is difficult to overlook those things when money is taken from your rooms. We were in town for the AAU Jr. Olympics and stayed at this property for a week. The first comment made to my husband by the front desk person was "where did all these black people come from"! We were told that they would go for months without seeing a person of color. We booked through Hotwire so we could not move to another property. We noticed the money missing initially from one of the coach's room. We immediately notified the front desk.
Kristin at the front desk is in need of customer service training and a major attitude adjustment. She was less then accommodating. After much persistence she contacted the general manager who basically said there was nothing he could do. After much persistence from my husband he agreed to a partial refund on our card that was used to book the room. I would expect the manager to immediately offer some sort of compensation when we had 4 rooms booked for a week. Also the money was taken out of my children's wallets. My one daughter's wallet never left the room because she was running at the meet.
The maids prop your room open and leave the area to go clean other rooms. I will never stay her again and would not recommend anyone else staying.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Brighton, MI, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Trackmom816,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brighton, MI. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I traveled here on business and needed a quiet place to prepare. This hotel was clean and quiet. The reception personnel were very business like and helpful. I would stay here again! There are places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express Brighton, MI? Share your experiences!