“Only place I stay at when in Brighton” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Brighton
Chicago, Illinois
“Only place I stay at when in Brighton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very nice staff, very clean and well located. This is the only place I stay when I visit our Brighton office. Only down side is the breakfast is lacking in my mind and other Holiday Express's I have stayed at do a early eve cocktail and snack time which this location does not.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bear, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Overall the hotel is nice, the breakfast was good but it is difficult to overlook those things when money is taken from your rooms. We were in town for the AAU Jr. Olympics and stayed at this property for a week. The first comment made to my husband by the front desk person was "where did all these black people come from"! We were told that they would go for months without seeing a person of color. We booked through Hotwire so we could not move to another property. We noticed the money missing initially from one of the coach's room. We immediately notified the front desk.
Kristin at the front desk is in need of customer service training and a major attitude adjustment. She was less then accommodating. After much persistence she contacted the general manager who basically said there was nothing he could do. After much persistence from my husband he agreed to a partial refund on our card that was used to book the room. I would expect the manager to immediately offer some sort of compensation when we had 4 rooms booked for a week. Also the money was taken out of my children's wallets. My one daughter's wallet never left the room because she was running at the meet.
The maids prop your room open and leave the area to go clean other rooms. I will never stay her again and would not recommend anyone else staying.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Brighton, MI, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Trackmom816,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brighton, MI. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I traveled here on business and needed a quiet place to prepare. This hotel was clean and quiet. The reception personnel were very business like and helpful. I would stay here again! There are places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013
Stoney Creek, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed at this location recently, had all the basics you would expect form th HI Chain, convenient location, decent spread for breakfast, well layed out, rooms seemed a little small but room choice was not mine but the selection of the host company, may have been a room size I've never stayed in before, non the less was fine. Clean, well maintained.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Brighton, MI, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear dgm999,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Cathy Osdras was particularly helpful in choosing an appropriate room for us while travelling with our grandson and in securing the same room on our return at the end of our stay in Michigan. The room, breakfast, and service was excellent and there were numerous choices for restaurants within walking distace.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My father, sister and I travel to Brighton, Michigan for my nephw wedding. I request handicap rooms. MY father room was completely handicap both the tolet and the walk in bath tub. He could not have been more pleased. We were close to everything, (breakfast nook, pool) Other members of the family also stay at Holiday Inn. On Saturday night all of us were in the patio and there were no complaint about the noise. As a group we can get loud. The room's were clean. The staff was very helpful when we sign in and had a problem. They also were helpful when my father fell and couldn't get up.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I stay here occasionally because I have clients in town. I usually try to stay in Farmington but with my busy schedule it was going to make it so much easier to stay here. Last time I thought it was pretty bad and nothing has improved. Rooms are musty and the air filters likely haven't been changed in months. The carpet is dated and dingy. The bathroom is gross and the toilet seat was broken. I really try not to look at the place while I'm there or I will be super grossed out by the dingy and dirty place. It's not the worst but I stay at several Holiday Inns in the Midwest and its bad enough I know I dread staying here. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Short of that it is filthy to my standards.

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Brighton, MI, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Chdcarro,

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the air conditioning, cleanliness and the bathroom condition. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Brighton, MI? Share your experiences!