“Business Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Brighton
Stoney Creek, Canada
“Business Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed at this location recently, had all the basics you would expect form th HI Chain, convenient location, decent spread for breakfast, well layed out, rooms seemed a little small but room choice was not mine but the selection of the host company, may have been a room size I've never stayed in before, non the less was fine. Clean, well maintained.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Brighton, MI, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear dgm999,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Cathy Osdras was particularly helpful in choosing an appropriate room for us while travelling with our grandson and in securing the same room on our return at the end of our stay in Michigan. The room, breakfast, and service was excellent and there were numerous choices for restaurants within walking distace.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My father, sister and I travel to Brighton, Michigan for my nephw wedding. I request handicap rooms. MY father room was completely handicap both the tolet and the walk in bath tub. He could not have been more pleased. We were close to everything, (breakfast nook, pool) Other members of the family also stay at Holiday Inn. On Saturday night all of us were in the patio and there were no complaint about the noise. As a group we can get loud. The room's were clean. The staff was very helpful when we sign in and had a problem. They also were helpful when my father fell and couldn't get up.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I stay here occasionally because I have clients in town. I usually try to stay in Farmington but with my busy schedule it was going to make it so much easier to stay here. Last time I thought it was pretty bad and nothing has improved. Rooms are musty and the air filters likely haven't been changed in months. The carpet is dated and dingy. The bathroom is gross and the toilet seat was broken. I really try not to look at the place while I'm there or I will be super grossed out by the dingy and dirty place. It's not the worst but I stay at several Holiday Inns in the Midwest and its bad enough I know I dread staying here. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Short of that it is filthy to my standards.

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Brighton, MI, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Chdcarro,

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the air conditioning, cleanliness and the bathroom condition. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Marine City, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The hotel is getting a little long in the tooth, but that does not bother me. What bothered me was the fact that simple maintenance items were not managed. See the attached picture, we were in a double queen SUITE, the layout was great, couch a little worn, but the beds were comfortable and the pillow selection was good. If normal maintenance was kept up the dated hotel would be a better choice. Breakfast was free and a good selection. Overall I would stay here again, I just wished that the management would review the property and deal with the minor issues - that makes the difference in OK hotels and great hotels. If the bathroom was in better condition I would have given 4 stars, but they do need a remodel pretty soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Brighton, MI, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear stewystang,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is good to know that you like our comfortable beds and hotel location. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and apologize for any inconvenience you may have had due to the condition of the property and rooms encountered during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our Maintenance staff and take actions accordingly.

Again, we greatly appreciate your honest feedback. Your input will be shared with our management team to take into consideration for future upgrades. We hope that the next time you come through, you give us another chance to provide you with a better experience.

Zelyn N
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Face it, the purpose of a motel is to sleep. With a bad back, I need a firm bed and that is hard to find. We have stayed at numerous motels, chains and independent, and rarely find a bed as comfortable as we had here! We have a memory foam mattress at home, and found this one( a traditional inner spring) gave us wonderful support similar to ours at home.Now, that's not to say it was Hard, just supportive. Also, the pillows have cases marked "soft" and "firm" - and yes, I checked, the actual pillows within are different. Marvelous! Slept as good as I do at home. The heating unit was quiet and the room was dark - good quality curtains. Although right off the freeway, there was no road noise at all. The bathroom lighting is the new energy saver kind, so when I first turned on the lights I was fearful that it would be too dark. However, it just takes some time for them to get to full power how that saves energy I don't get it, but the lighting was sufficient to put on my makeup. The shower head was a large 'rain' type(?). It was either very soft or very 'hard' not much in between, but I was satisfied with it. The room came with a frig, but no Microwave. OK, let's move on! The breakfast was very good, although I would have liked a fresh fruit bowl. Fresh bananas and oranges were available . Only Regular and Decaf coffee. Cold cereals, a Pancake machine(!) and hot cheese omelettes. Kept well stocked; when I told the server the coffee carafe was empty she immediately refilled it. And let me finish with the fact that the room and facility were extremely clean! Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: This hotel has an indoor pool with rooms that overlook it. You must go through sliding doors to get...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kalamazoo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were in town for a softball tournament. Aside from the pool being a bit small, everything else about this hotel was great. Will definately remember for a future stay! We forgot a toothbrush, they had one. Bedding was super comfortable and the breakfast was great! Good job!

Room Tip: Some of the 100 level rooms sorround the pool. It can be a bit noisy. Book on 2nd floor if that bo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Brighton, MI? Share your experiences!