“Wonderful hotel that exceeded my expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now & Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Brighton
Orlando
“Wonderful hotel that exceeded my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

This hotel was a gem - plenty of space, nice kitchen set-up, comfy bed, great tvs, delicious food. I couldn't have been my comfortable during my four-day stay in Brighton. Staff was friendly and helpful. I'm quite impressed.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
to far from the mouse
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for a week. The staff was very friendly. The hotel is in a good location to restaurants and right across the street from many stores (includig Target). This hotel has a decent breakfast and Monday-Thursday they serve a light dinner which was pretty good. We looked forward to the cookies they made every evening! Overall, wonderful experience.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

I have stayed here many times and will continue to come here for both business and leisure. Decent meeting rooms, great breakfast, good size rooms (though they have an odd smell which I have mentioned each time I stay), nice size fitness center and great pool and hottub. Even has a light managers reception Monday-Thursday evenings.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

Brighton is a wonderful, quiet town about 40 minutes North West of the Detroit airport. This is one of my favorite hotels to stay at for business travel through Michigan. Staff is generally friendly and helpful. Breakfast is great and Managers Reception is a nice touch if you are looking for a light dinner. Rooms are modern and clean. Each suite has a full kitchen with a real fridge and microwave. You are only 10 minutes from a large Outlet Mall in Howell, MI. and 45 minutes away from the very large Outlet Mall in Birch Run, MI. Around the corner from HS is a large Meijer's Grocery/Dept store with an amazing wine selection. Great for picking up a few snacks and drinks for a quiet night. I have had rooms as low as $89 a night plus tax. With Dinner (Mon/Thu) and Breakfast included, it is one of the best deals out there for travelers through Michigan.

Don't pass it up if you have to stay near Detroit/Ann Arbor. It is a little bit of a drive but well worth it.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Delafield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2008

We spent 3 nights in a 1 Bedroom Suite (King) at the Homewood Suites with our two children. Our room was very spacious and clean. Our children slept on the pullout sofa and they loved having a room that was living room by day, bedroom at night!

Service was outstanding. We were greeted with a smile at both check-in and check-out. One night we needed extra towels and they were promptly delivered. The hot breakfast at no extra charge was a great touch.

The swimming pool is very nice - we actually had it all to ourselves!

The prices are extremely reasonable, making it a great value. We were pleased with our stay and recommend Homewood Suites to fellow travelers!

• Liked — Clean, spacious suite, free hot breakfast, great value & service
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

I have to say, I was expecting more from this hotel. It seemed that when it was built it was upscale and premium, but they are letting it go! This may seem trivial but the valet luggage carriers I saw were covered in a red rug material that looked like it had seen better days. All dirty and pilled. I wouldn't want to put my luggage on it. Also the hotel smelled like oniony food all the time when you came into it.
I had to get a smoking room because no others were available. I used to smoke, and lived with smokers, so I thought it wouldn't be too bad. I remembered when hotels did not have non smoking rooms, and I never smelled smoke in a room. Much to my stupidity, I learned that in the past and currently, hotels with non smoking rooms use ozone units to clean the air in them! The room really really wreaked of old stale smoke! Much much worse than my own rooms when I smoked, or lived with smokers. The person before me must have smoked 3 packs a day in there all closed up!! The towels smelled of smoke! Well I had no choice but to tolerate it, so thank god they had windows that you could open(not all the way though) and a ceiling fan. After airing it out for a day it wasn't too bad. I also closed all the vents as the air ducts were connected to other smoking rooms and smoke would filter into my room. One plus was that the suite had a full size refrigerator with freezer! The room decor and furniture were very very nice, except the bedspread looked old and a little dumpy. I would add that a suite as upscale as this should have a few wine glasses in it possibly, but maybe I am asking too much. It was a little cramped for a suite. The desk was shoved into the bedroom corner, and the TV cabinet and the end of the bed were right on the side and across from it, not leaving much room to pull out the chair...

• Stayed September 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jennifer C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Brighton, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
I am so sorry that your experience wasn't what you expected from the Homewood Suites in Brighton. We hope that next time you are in Brighton, that you give us another opportunity to fulfill your lodging needs.
Dekalb, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2008

One of the better place we have stayed for the money. What a novel concept! We had two rooms and a kitchen. Yes that is a full size kitchen!! There was a hot breakfast everyday and Monday thru Thursday there is a dinner and cocktails in the diningroom. The staff was excellent and provided us with our needs.
I really had only one issue and that is that the pool was very cold! Yes I am talking ocean cold for and indoor pool!! I was told that they turned down the heat to 70 because it was starting to get warm outside. I was thinking not that warm!! And after five days of complaining the manager never did turn it up, but the hot tub was nice!

• Liked — Clean, Kitchen, Large room
  • Disliked — The pool!!! TOO COLD!!!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Homewood Suites Brighton? Share your experiences!