“NEVER AGAIN!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bridgeport
Michigan
“NEVER AGAIN!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

Customer service gets a big fat zero. My credit card was charged twice and when I called to have it reversed, I was yelled at on the phone. I couldn't get a word in edgewise. I was the one at fault. I was charged for my room and the room next door and had to call the guest that stayed in the room next door in order for the charge to be reversed. The woman needed a credit card - as if I would have a card number to give them for people next to us. I told them this was there responsibility but she would not refund me without a card number. We did know the people next door but that should have made no difference. The audacity of having a customer do their job. I reserved two reservations and my son paid for his as we did ours. This was for them to figure out, not me. Rudest staff person I have ever encountered. Wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy. Internet didn't work either. Complimentary breakfast was nasty.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

Rudest staff I have ever encountered. We had a baby with us and didn't want to disturb other guests so we asked if there were people in the rooms around us. The desk clerk said she didn't know. Really? You can't look it up? Then my mother in law got charged twice, once for her room and once for a room that we did not stay in. She called to have the problem fixed and got yelled at and told it was her fault. It was just terrible service.

• Stayed December 2010
Hudson, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

AWFUL! One of the worst places I've stayed in a long time.

Rude, inept desk clerk;
hotel was filthy inside and out - hallways, elevator and our room look like they hadn't been vacuumed in weeks. Outside the parking lot was littered and garbage cans overflowing.

Only booked this hotel because nothing else was available but we would have been happier sleeping in our truck.

Manager would not meet me in the front lobby to discuss problems nor would he call back on my cell phone or in my room. I was offered a 25% discount but that doesn't even come close to remedying a miserable night on a BROKEN BED!

Yep, broken bed. After a horrible experience checking into the hotel, seeing how filthy the property was when we finally tried to go to bed late in the evening I sat on my bed only to have it fall on the ground. Upon inspection it was apparent that ineffective repairs had been done previous. There's NO WAY housekeeping could have made the bed and not noticed.

Complained to Corporate and manager finally emailed me offering half off my next stay. You've got to be kidding!?! You couldn't PAY ME to stay here again!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Hesperia, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

The hotel room we stayed in was 128. The lamp was broke, it looked like the corners have never been vacuumed since they remodeled, and there were dust bunnies behind the table between the beds along with candy bar wrappers. When I took a shower in the morning I discovered the shower leaked onto the floor and there was black mold where it had been leaking. Also, the worst part of it all is when we saw 2 BUGS climbing up the wall in the morning (that's right, I said BUGS). GROSS.... If there was a "0" rating, I would definately rate my experience a "0". The only thing the hotel manager would do for me is refund 25% of my money and give me some coupons for 25% off my next stay (like I will be staying there ever again).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

We checked into room 308, and the smell was so bad we asked to change rooms. The front desk clerk was very nice, and gave me the key to a nearby room, to see if we approved of that room. It was better, but not good. We decided to stay in the first room and try to make do.

When I returned the key to the second room, the clerk asked if we were going out for dinner, and we said yes. He said to let him know when we left, and he would have maintenance put an Ion Machine in our room to try to make it smell better. OK, thanks. But an "Ion Machine"? Obviously we weren't the first to complain.

In the next half hour, before going out, we both started to get sick. This terrible smell was something I had never smelled before. I have a diminished sense of smell, and I am only to smell a small percentage of what the average person can smell. Still, this was terrible.

We asked to be moved and the nice desk clerk apologized for the inconvenience, and promptly moved us to another room which was somewhat better, but still not good.

The air conditioner was old and barely worked. The refrigerator was old and had holes drilled all over the top. The freezer was so packed with frost/ice that you couldn't put anything in it at all. It looked like it hadn't been defrosted in 3-4 years. And this was the "good" room. The carpet was filthy and needed torn up and replaced. The drapes were filthy, as was the bedspread.

The mattress was firm, but comfortable, and the sheets seemed clean and new. The towels were so worn and rough that it felt like they were tearing the skin off my face.

The floor of the elevator looked so filthy, it looked like it was never cleaned. Other guests we spoke to complained of the smell in their rooms as well. Because it was so filthy, we decided to skip the free breakfast.

We will never stay at a Baymont Inn again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

Stayed here 2 nights with my mom & sister for a weekend shopping trip. It's just off the highway, and about midway between Birch Run and Saginaw (Fashion Square Mall). We shopped a lot, so didn't spend much time in the room other than to sleep, but we found it very comfortable and had absolutely no complaints. Breakfast was quite good, assortment of breads, cereals, some fruit and even 2 waffle makers. We booked about 2 months in advance for the Memorial Day wknd, and got a rate of $71/night which we found very reasonable. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

I booked a room here to stay one night. We have been traveling and this was our last night before going home. The elevator smelled like stale smoke. The room did not smell, but was very, very small. The bathroom was so tiny I could not believe it.

The room was updated by adding a refrigerator and a microwave just stacked onto each other in the corner of the room. This room was very overpriced. We had stayed in much larger rooms with built ins and a view for half the price, during this same trip.

The bed was very comfortable, but I woke up with several bites on my ankles.

Needless to say, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Baymont Inn Bridgeport? Share your experiences!