“Holloween Train Ride” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Toronto, Canada
“Holloween Train Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

The special holloween train ride was real fun - quiet a wait in line and boy it was cold but definitely well worth the time and money - tickets for holloween were $9 each. Would highly recommend the train ride.

Visited October 2011

Holly, Michigan
“The train ride is amazing for railroad enthusiasts of all ages!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

The thought and effort that has gone into developing the Junction Valley Railroad is amazing. Anybody the least bit interested in trains should DEFINITELY take a ride on this railroad.

It is important for everybody to follow the instructions to stay seated and to keep completely inside of the railroad cars. People who are unwilling or unable to do so should not be passengers.

The existing playground equipment in the picnic grove should be removed. It was interesting to be able to show a young child an old-fashioned teeter totter. But mom had to CAREFULLY supervise to make sure the youngster didn't break an arm or a leg.

We weren't picnicking on our visit. But if we were, we would have appreciated it if the tables had been cleaner. The flowers were pretty.

This is a very unique and memorable place, well worth a visit!

Visited June 2011
Mount Morris, Michigan
“This is a awsome thing to see!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

Me, my wife and my kids go every year for the haunted train ride durring halloween. We Love it every time we go. Lots of scary people jump out at you durring the whole ride with daggers , blow torches, chain saws and many other things to scare the crap out of you. If you want some wimpy safety first ride that your out of control kid so they cant fall out dont go. But if you have kids that mind you and sit still when you tell them the trains are great to ride in. The sights are awsome! Bridges , hills, buildings , waterfalls, all 1/4 scale and the detail is wonderfull. These people realy have worked hard to make it look as real as possible. Consessions , bathrooms , helpfull staff many who are very freindly. If this place was so bad as the other reviews I read it wouldnt be so packed every time we go to where you can barely find a place to park. Durring halloween days you might have to wait up to a hour because so many people love this place. I am going this weekend for the first time to the summer railroad days and cant wait to see it all in the daylight!

Michigan
“If you like real trains, worth a stop in.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

This is not an amusement park ride but a real working train. It may be a smaller scale than you see crossing the road but it is still a real train. You get to walk all around where the trains travel and cross the tracks in many places, so expect there to be oil and dirt from the trains. Be any young children understand it is a real train and keep away from the tracks and their hands in side the cars when crossing the bridges. The flower gardens around the ground are very well maintained and pretty. The rest rooms were well stocked and clean for the type they are. The only thing that needs some repair is some of the large four wheel pedal cars you (including adults) can ride need new pedals. It was railroad days when we went and there were more trains running than on a usual day I was told. I would recommend going during one of their rail road days celebration.

michigan
“the worst experience ever. dont go!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

Unsafe,dirty and most of the owner was rude mean and insulting. I feel holding mud and oil while trying to get in a train car holding my daughter. This place a dirty dump tucked inside a trucking junk yard. My son fell twice hit his head in the car. No saft belts the seats move kids can fall out in every car. I spoke to the owner asked for my money back and said NO told me I was stupid for walking in the mud and then proceeded to tell me to shut up as I had raised my voice by then. What a waste of $50 for my family and I got hurt along with my son and ruined a pair of pants. Stay away from this dump.

Been to Junction Valley Railroad? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Junction Valley Railroad, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.