“What a pleasant surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

248-865-9300
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Andiamo Italia West is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Maple
Richmond, Virginia
“What a pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We made reservations at the wrong Andiamo, yet the front of the house were exceedingly accomodating. The meal was extraordinary and the service was professional. We were a party of 6 and literally dropped in on a Saturday night. This was the best Italian meal we have enjoyed in a very long time, and the best meal in Detroit in years!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Clawson
“Increased Prices, Decreased Quality/ Service!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

NEVER GO TO THE JOE VICARI’S ANDIAMO ITALIAN STEAKHOUSE LOCATIONS (Bloomfield Twp., Warren, and Dearborn)! My fiancé and I went out last Saturday to enjoy a nice meal at Andiamo, only to leave feeling completely disappointed and jipped.

Unbeknownst to us, three Andiamo locations changed to a steakhouse. If you happen to ask management about this change they will assure you that everything is just as good as before, but a little different. Well the one thing that is true is that there is a difference, but it is by no means small or for the better. We were at this location just a month and a half ago (middle of July 2012) and both experiences were like night and day. These steakhouse locations feature increased prices, decreased quality, and decreased service. Please see below for details.

*INCREASED PRICES

For example, my fiancée and I both ordered Filet Mignon as our entrée. Below is a comparison between the new steakhouse price and the old non-steakhouse price for the exact same meal per person.

New Steakhouse Price: Filet Mignon Entrée $38 + Small Side of Pasta $0 (only item included) + Side of Whipped Potatoes $8 + Side of Seasonable Vegetable $6 + Garden Salad $6 = $58 Total New Price per Person

Old Non-Steakhouse Price: Filet Mignon Entrée $32 + Small Side of Pasta $0 (included with entree) + Side of Mashed Potatoes $0 (included with entrée) + Side of Mixed Vegetables $0 (included with entrée) + Garden Salad (or soup) $0 (included with entrée) = $32 Total Old Price per Person

*DECREASED QUALITY

In addition, the quality of food has dramatically taken a turn for the worse. Instead of the normal garlic mashed potatoes, the new whipped potatoes tasted like they were half instant, half real, and very under seasoned (not a good way to cut corners and keep customers). The new small side of pasta (with meat sauce) was watered down and tasteless. The new garden salad that was once actual mixed greens was half head lettuce (cheap ways to make pasta and salad to further).

*DECREASED SERVICE

Finally, as if the increased prices and decreased quality weren’t enough, this Andiamo’s service seriously lacked. Our waitress was HORRIBLE and had a SERIOUS ATTITUDE. I’m not sure where she was most of the time. In what used to take only an hour for us to get in and out of this place, it wound up taking us two hours for us to get though our meal. I am not sure why service was so slow since this place was more than half empty. This place used to be packed Saturday nights with at least an hour wait. However, this was not the case last Saturday and understandably so. Apparently the word is getting out about this place and it is not very good. THIS PLACE WILL NOT BE IN BUSINESS FOR LONG!

In summary, we could have gone to a non-steakhouse location and saved $26 per person for the same entrée and sides, received better quality, and better service but were unaware of the steakhouse change. This place was once one of my favorite Andiamo locations, but I will NEVER EVER come to this Andiamo or any of the Joe Vicari’s Andiamo Italian Steakhouse locations EVER AGAIN!

I understand that the economy is bad and that restaurants are really hurting for business, but when you not only increase prices, but take away sides that used to be included with an entrée, and reduce the quality/ service one used to receive, it really hurts and it makes a lasting impression that will drive customers away for good!

OVERALL, IF YOU VALUE HIGH QUALITY AT A REASONABLE PRICE, THEN DO NOT EVER GO HERE OR ANY OF THE STEAKHOUSE LOCATIONS!!!! MANAGEMENT DOESN’T CARE AND THESE STEAKHOUSES WILL NOT BE IN BUSINESS FOR LONG ONCE THE WORD GETS OUT!!!!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Very good but not as good as in the past...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Andiamo has been one of our favorites and I've always raved about their zip sauce. Was really looking forward to taking some friends there when they came into town. The service was excellent and there were no problems with our staying a long time to visit (it was on a tuesday night). Unfortunately, the steak I was so excited about sharing was not up to their normal quality - it wasn't bad by any means, just not the "excellent, memories are made of" steak I've had there in the past. Will be trying again and hoping it was a fluke.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Detroit, Michigan
“Very Dissapointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This used to be one of our favorite restaurants. We'd go there for special occasions and take out-of-town friends and family. I've had many business events there as well. Everything was always delicious. However, something has changed in the kitchen. We've been there two times in the past 3 months, and the food has been very disappointing.

In May I ordered the chicken marengo and my husband ordered veal piccatta. (I used to order the pollo ala Aldo, but it's no longer on the menu.) Both entrees were over cooked and tough. We always loved the green beans, but they were out of those and the vegetable medlay was so ordinary. The salads used to have more interesting ingredients--chick peas, etc., but no longer.

Last night we tried it again. I ordered white fish--I should have stuck with pasta. My white fish was mushy and tasteless. The chef had thrown some greens out of the bag all over the plate--probably to hide the awful sauce that covered the plate. It was not good.

My husband's pasta was quite good as was my side of pasta. If we ever go back again, we will stick to the pasta. We're very disappointed with whatever has changed at this Andiamo. Maybe they've tried to reduce expenses to pay for the remodeling. All this and a noise level that make talking impossible means we won't go back.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Colorado
“Banquet brunch was well done”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

About 40+ women descended on Andiamo for a wedding shower. We were downstairs in a large room that suited the occasion quite well. We had a meal that was several courses and each course was good food (not 5 star, but pretty good). I was impressed that the service was very good and the food arrived hot (although one woman at my table thought her pasta was a little cold). Everyone was very friendly.

Being in forensics, the history of the restaurant was also interesting - just outside this restaurant was the last time Jimmy Hoffa was seen alive.

• Visited June 2012