“Nice hotel, great location, quite, FAST Internet!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kingsley Inn Detroit-Bloomfield Hills

You added Kingsley Inn Detroit-Bloomfield Hills to your Saves list
Kingsley Inn Detroit-Bloomfield Hills
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   39475 Woodward Ave., Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304 (Formerly Radisson Detroit-Bloomfield Hills)   |
Special Offer
NY Eve Packages
“Nice hotel, great location, quite, FAST Internet!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I've used this hotel for business over the years, and have never been disappointed. The location is great, easy access to Birmingham, Troy and they provide a free shuttle to the surrounding cities (5+ miles). It is very quiet in the rooms, and the last update was around 2001. They just updated their "Free" Wireless Internet, and it is the fastest I've ever experienced in any hotel; which is good, since cell phone signals are not the best in this solid concrete construction. Not sure how they made their internet so fast, but it is fantastic... even in the meetings space!

The meeting space is very nice on the lower level with good pre-function space, and since the main restaurant is under renovation, they are letting you use your own catering for the time being. The indoor pool is small and located in the back area of the hotel. There is plenty of parking in back, and the area is very safe. The small deli restaurant is fine for breakfast or a nice lunch. The restaurant across the street, Little Daddy's, has awesome fish & Chips and is one of the area's best Greek restaurants. The hotel shuttle will take you to the many fine restaurants in Birmingham too.

This is no longer a Radisson, and I've been told that they are undergoing a major renovation and will likely become a new major brand in the next year or so. Overall it is one of the best values in the area, and much better than the overpriced Marriott’s in Troy and Auburn Hills. I recommend this hotel to everyone visiting the area.

Room Tip: If you plan on using your cell phone from your room, the strongest signals are in outer rooms near t...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
VictorMartinCHA, General Manager at Kingsley Inn Detroit-Bloomfield Hills, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for sharing your experience and for noticing the vastly improved wireless service we now provide. You asked how we were able to have such a great internet service, so I thought I'd share how we accomplished it.

We installed all new industrial grade access points throughout the facility that are capable of handling multiple speed connections (B,G,N,and a), replaced the backbone switchgear to Gigabit speed, and doubled our outgoing bandwidth to provide our guests with what we believe is the best internet connection in Metro Detroit. It was the first of many upgrades that we will be doing to the facility as we move forward on our complete renovation next year.

We look forward to having you return and see the progress.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I had a pleasant experience with a recent 4 night stay at Kingsley Inn. Yes, it is no longer a Radisson chain hotel, but that didn't bother me or did I feel that I was getting something sub par. The room was spacious with a small sitting room in addition to the bedroom. The room was spotless and looked sharp. The front desk folks were friendly and I was taken to the Amtrak station by the driver they provided. I would return no problem when I am back in Detroit.

• Stayed December 2014
Thank you so much for you kind comments. We were thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to your next visit.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here several years in a row but with the name change I won't be back because I like my club Carlson points. Hotel staff was friendly. The restaurant is only open for breakfast and lunch and no room service.

• Stayed December 2014
Thank you for staying with us. As you noted, we are no longer a Radisson, but are embarking on a total upgrade to the facility that I'm sure you will enjoy. We have started room service again as part of our continuing process of upgrading the facility and hope you will return to see our growth.
Waterford, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I booked a hotel for the night with a king bed. When we arrived the girl at the counter informed us that all that was available was two "full" beds. We had no choice but to accept. The night was super uncomfortable, beds were awful (sleep number, what a joke). NEVER EVER going here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
VictorMartinCHA, General Manager at Kingsley Inn Detroit-Bloomfield Hills, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I'm truly sorry that we didn't have the room type you requested on arrival. We normally work hard to fulfill all guest requests and I apologize for the inconvenience.

We are under new ownership and management and we will be replacing all bedding throughout the facility as we do a complete upgrade to our already beautiful facility.

I truly hope you can return and experience the great improvements we will be making.
Grand Rapids, MI, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

Staff is very accommodating and polite. The rooms were very quite. It is an older hotel but it is kept up very nicely and is very clean. I enjoyed my third stay here and will stay here again if I'm in Bloomfield Hills.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

VictorMartinCHA, General Manager at Kingsley Inn Detroit-Bloomfield Hills, responded to this review, November 14, 2014
I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you return again in the near future.
Grand Blanc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Great staff, and location, rooms are nice but avoid the suite if you are planning to use the sofa sleeper. The one in my suite was unusable as a bed, the mattress was a foam pad 3 inches thick and half the size of the sleeper. The location is great as it an easy run down historic Woodward Ave to everything Detroit has to offer. The staff were very helpful with directions and aid in getting around the area.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for your comments.

We are doing a complete upgrade of the entire facility and will be replacing all beds as part of that process. I'm sure you will notice the changes as we move forward.
Alpena, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on multiple occasions and have never been disappointed. The service is fantastic and friendly. Hotel is quiet, clean, and quite comfortable. The only thing I would change is the select comfort beds. The full size beds with a husband and wife on them are not easy to find the correct sleep number. If they would put regular beds in the rooms this would be the absolute perfect place to stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments.

We are working on a complete remodel of the facility which will include replacing all of the sleep number beds.

We look forward to having you return and see our progress as we move forward.

Been to Kingsley Inn Detroit-Bloomfield Hills? Share your experiences!