“Small town fun” 4 of 5 stars

Ohio City, Ohio
18 attraction reviews
“Small town fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

One must keep an open mind when experiencing the Blissfield Murder Mystery Train. As a theater goer, I had high expectations that were almost immediately blown. It is only as I tell friends about the event that I realize it was very nice. One must remember that the mystery does not take place on a stage, but in a two foot aisle of a long train car, one where food/drinks are being served and passengers are getting up to go to the restroom. There is a lot of interaction during the play, and the actors do move up and down the aisle, but most of the "action" is at the center of the train car. Remember also that many passengers will be dining with their backs to the play. Several of the characters were also "not here tonight" during our performance. This may be normal as the play can take place with only a few of the actors.

The food on the train was excellent. The entree must be ordered when booking your reservations. The meals are catered by Hathaway House, a restaurant next to the station. A nice bar service is available, and it opens an hour prior to the train's departure. Boarding also begins an hour prior to departure. We booked 4 reservations and wanted to be seated together; therefore, we arrived the full hour prior to the train leaving. This was not necessary as the tables already had place cards on them reserving our table. We were on the train for three hours during the trip, so the extra hour made for a long time to sit. If I were to book again, I would only arrive 15 minutes prior to leaving.

We were told that the plays change every 3-4 months. Would I go again? Definately, This is a nice evening as long as one considers that it is a fun experience and not a theatrical one.

Visited April 2012

sylvania
21 attraction reviews
“fun with group”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

went with office group. loved the on the move murder mystery. would love to go again. a little pricey for me...

Detroit
7 attraction reviews
“Great Time ...dinner, entertainment and train ride all in one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We planned a Murder Mystery dinner train ride for my Mother's 80th birthday. The dinner was top-notch. A 5 course meal served with china, silver ware, linen table cloths and napkins. You are seated 4 people to a table in comfortable chairs next to the windows on each side. The rail cars are very old but very clean and comfortable. The restrooms are modern and very clean. The entertainment was a blast! It was a typical murder mystery who-dunnit theme but the actresses were hilarious. You have a choice of entree- salmon, chicken marsala or prime rib. The dessert was so rich and a chocolate lover's delite! If you have a special occasion, you can order in advance roses or balloons or other items which will be setting on your table waiting for you. The servers were very attentative. I would rate this experience 4 stars!

Visited February 2012
Indian Mound, Tennessee
8 attraction reviews
“What a great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

We just recently moved to the area, and were looking for a gift for my Mom and Dad for their 75th birthdays. We decided to go on the Dinner Train, and are so happy that we did. First, let me talk about the food. When the website says that it is 5-star dining, it really is. The tables were set beautifully on our arrival, and there ...were cheese and cracker plates already set. Plenty of food for munching while waiting to depart. The wait staff, (our waitress was Kim), was attentive, professional, friendly, and there every time we thought we might need something. The soup was wonderful, the salad a bit bitter for my tastes, the entree....wow! We had three people at our table, and each had a different entree so we were able to taste them all. The prime rib was super, the salmon tender with a really flavorful sauce, and the chicken fabulous. The portions were larger than we expected, and we ate everything. So good! Dessert was a rich chocolate mousse, again, so good. Everything was presented perfectly and quickly. Now, for the entertainment. Amazing. We only had three of the characters from the acting troupe, don't know if that is the norm or not, as this is our first time. These three women were so funny. I mean, want-to-wet-yourself-laughing-funny. It was clear to me that there was a lot of improv going on, because there were times when the cast couldn't stop laughing. I think one time Lori was close to tears.....and when Chip lost his body and became just a head, I almost fell off my chair laughing. It was great. Betty Bovine and her utters....chocolate milk....omg.....and whomever found the pink eyelashes...good job! Paulette kept picking on my husband and daughter, and my poor old Dad.....I loved it! Don't want to tell too much though...you must experience it for yourself. Can't wait for the next occassion to board the Murder Mystery Dinner Train. I agree...we laughed until we stopped!