“Rude waiter” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rojo Mexican Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 91 Restaurants in Birmingham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Grosse Pointe, michigan
“Rude waiter”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

My first time and last time at this place. I joined a small group of coworkers on a Friday after work to celebrate her birthday. I joined the group and the waiter asked me what I wanted to drink. I said club soda. He said we only sell soda with gin or vodka. The next coworker ordered a non alcohol beverage. The waiter said that's not a drink! He then said to the birthday girl, you are drinking so slow its evaporing faster. He then left and returned with the beverages. There were only a handful of tables so it wasn't busy, but he never returned to ask if we wanted refills or to ask if anyone wanted to order food. He finally just brought the bill and the boss paid. The place had a pleasant decor but I won't be back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Livonia, Michigan
“Very cool ambiance with a fresh look, great lighting and prime location Near everything in b'ham. 1 block from Townsend hotel an”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Cups must be made in house. They were piping hot and great flavor, good bite... Salsa was fresh with extra bite. Prices were fair. Never seen so many brands of tequila... it appears they sell a boatload of it.
Marquis were good sized with plenty of booze.. ordered the jumbo for better value.

• Visited March 2014
Birmingham, Michigan
“This place needs help”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

From the time of ordering and getting the wrong drinks which were actually written correctly on the ticket to when she took it away and tried to throw the beer all over us. Then took my money for the order and didn't brig any change. Guess tip wasn't included. I just knew it was going to be one of those nights. Plenty of bar staff but they just don't seem to care about anything but socialising. The food was mediocre at best, they even got that order wrong. I think with a little attention this place could be ok and I'm sure plenty of people ( the place was busy) will say its good but be honest with yourselves it isn't.

Visited March 2014
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“We'll Come Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Just happened to visit on $5.00 appetizer and $5.00 drink night....which was a great way to start the evening. The stuffed jalapena peppers, guacamole, sliders and salsa and chips along with a "huge" frozen margarita were great ways to start the evening. The staff from hostesses to waiters were all friendly and attentive. And the selection of entrees was equally good. Quesadillas were the dinners of choice and they were outstanding.Did realize the B'ham Rojo had been open for almost six months, but know that we've found it, we'll definitely be back.

• Visited February 2014
Newton, Massachusetts
“Outstanding restaurant addition in Birmingham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

This Mexican restaurant is located in the former location of Max & Erma's in Birmingham. It is an excellent addition to the restaurant scene. We went on a Saturday night at 7:30 pm. We did not have a reservation and had to wait about 30 minutes for a table--it was worth the wait. The frozen skinny margarita tasted OK (my wife ordered it and really enjoyed it). We had the quesadilla appetizer, chicken fajitas and the mahi mahi fish tacos. The latter was my favorite, and in retrospect I wish that I had ordered a 3rd taco. We took a lot of food home. The service was superb. Overall, a great dining experience. Another plus--they are open until 1 am. I cannot wait to return, but will call ahead for a reservation next time.

• Visited January 2014