“Outstanding restaurant addition in Birmingham” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rojo Mexican Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 88 Restaurants in Birmingham
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Outstanding restaurant addition in Birmingham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

This Mexican restaurant is located in the former location of Max & Erma's in Birmingham. It is an excellent addition to the restaurant scene. We went on a Saturday night at 7:30 pm. We did not have a reservation and had to wait about 30 minutes for a table--it was worth the wait. The frozen skinny margarita tasted OK (my wife ordered it and really enjoyed it). We had the quesadilla appetizer, chicken fajitas and the mahi mahi fish tacos. The latter was my favorite, and in retrospect I wish that I had ordered a 3rd taco. We took a lot of food home. The service was superb. Overall, a great dining experience. Another plus--they are open until 1 am. I cannot wait to return, but will call ahead for a reservation next time.

• Visited January 2014