“Would like to rate better than 'Very Good'” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bar, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Kitchener, Canada
“Would like to rate better than 'Very Good'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Considering I have given "Excellent, 5 Star Ratings" to 5 Star restaurants and resorts, it feels awkward to give such a rating to a really cool pub, so I stuck with "Very Good."

This is a really cool, hip, brewery/pub located in the heart of suburbia.
I was in from out of town, brought here by a friend.
We visited on Sunday afternoon around 6pm. It was not crowded, but it was busy enough.
Very welcoming wait staff took the time to explain their food and drink.

You can choose traditional bar seating, open concept dining area or sheltered & unsheltered outdoor seating.

Pickles are quite spicy.
I had the Applewood Bacon Grilled Cheese and it was delicious.
I thought that the french fries I received were the tastiest I had had in a very, very long time. In fact, I could not remember having better tasting fries.
I joked with the waiter that a Chemist must have designed the fries to taste great and at the same time make you thirsty enough to order more beer in order to quench your thirst.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Braintree, Massachusetts
“BEER!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Watched a World Cup match here with a great crowd. Open air; no a/c; big fans; a little loud. Beer was great. There was a limited menu and I didn't eat, but other guys at the bar raved about the pulled pork and beef sliders. I shall return!

FYI - they are not open for lunch

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Royal Oak, Michigan, United States
“Found by surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We happened to be riding our bikes around Troy when we found Griffin Claw. They had an open patio and open windows which made us want to stop. The beers were excellent. I had the Michigan Cherry beer - delicious!

Visited June 2014
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Good Food, Great Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Came here with my girlfriend and friends while visiting friends in Royal Oak. Good food for a brewery, and the great beer selection. For food we ordered the Fish & Chips and Applewood Bacon Grilled Cheese sandwich.

Portions were really good and the fries were excellent! They also had TVs for sports and a really nice outdoor seating area. The atmosphere was really good for an outing with friends.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Roseville, Michigan
“Good beer and food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We tried the deep fried pickle chips for our appetizer and they were very good. For our main course we had the pulled pork sandwich. The sandwich was just average. Smothered in barbecue sauce and layered with their version of coleslaw, I found it somewhat lacking. The french fries were the usual batter dipped variety, I only ate a few (why cant anyone make real french fries)?
The beer here is very good with the El Rojo being my favorite.
The service was top notch!

Visited June 2014