“Great staff OK room.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area)

You added Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area)
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   12150 Dixie Hwy., Birch Run, MI 48415   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Westland, Michigan
“Great staff OK room.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stay at this hotel several times a year and we would normally get the two room suite but it was just myself and two kids this time so I opted for a two queen room. The woman at the front desk was great when we checked in. Offered me a room on the first floor right by the pool.Which I normally would not take because of hall noise but being this was my first hotel stay alone with my kids I gladly accepted it.

The room was OK. I speak highly of the two room suite but this two queen room was just ok. The beds very worn they sank in when my three year old sat on them and the bathroom was'nt dirty but it was not as clean as I have perviously experienced at this hotel. Under the sink faucet in the bathroom you could see it had not been cleaned,the wall had smudges by the light switch and the handle rail by the shower was rusted.

I would give this stay an average rating overall only because of the room we had on this visit.

I still love this hotel.It has some of the most friendly staff,the pool area has always been clean when we have stayed and the breakfast area is always stocked and clean no matter how many people are there.

Also this stay I was charged $10 over what my bill stated and when my husband called they stated they always do this and it will be returned within ten days. I do not have a problem with this but I feel that I should have been told at check in or on my bill that was placed under the door. Also they have never done this before at this hotel as we stay there on average 5-10 nights per year.

We will continue to stay at this hotel but I will opt for the nicer room instead of just the standard room.

Room Tip: If you are not pet friendly ask for a room that has not had animals in it and ask to be away from an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Fort Dodge, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was the only hotel with the rooms that we required available during our visit to Frankenmuth, Michigan. We paid prices that varied with the date of the occupancy. The Saturday night rate was well above the average for this area, but the amazing breakfasts made up for the additional costs. We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Aim for a top floor room if you don't want to hear footsteps across your ceiling!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kannapolis, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel is pet friendly and we were skeptical, but checked in anyway. The room was very clean and comfortable with no hint of pet smells. The décor was nice and the bed was extremely comfortable. The staff was very nice. It just so happened the inspector, manager, and owner was there the day we checked, so you know everything was immaculate. The room was fairly close to the lobby but very quiet. The breakfast was good with the usual fare. They always have the wonderful cinnamon rolls and the best coffee in the world. If in the area, give this beautiful hotel a try, I think you will be pleased.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Dan, the manager, was very friendly. Made us feel right at home. The room was clean. The breakfast was warm and good.
A lady named Michelle helped me with whatever I needed. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is a great place to stay if you are looking for an inexpense and no-nonsense in the Frankenmuth area. Sure,you do have to drive and it is a "limited service" hotel but such a great place if you are going to eat out anyway and don't need an indoor water park. My room was very clean, had refrigerator and microwave, and was easily accessible from the parking lot. I was there on a Saturday and a Sunday night and didn't find there to be excessive noise or other difficulties.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor but near an entrance or the elevator. There were cars parked right outs...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ontario Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Very convenient for shopping at Birch Run, good quality hotel for the money, hot express free breakfast also a bonus especially if you have children. Excellent staff, clean, beds very comfortable. Overall great hotel

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Farmington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Above average breakfast was hot...eggs, not bone dry, sausages ect. all served up to the delight of the guests.All of them pleased with choices of food. No problems, no gliches, no gremlins.
Close to Birch Run shopping an plenty of places to eat. Close to Frankenmuth.

Room Tip: close to the pool..room 100
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area)? Share your experiences!