“Not good, and not clean” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 27 Restaurants in Birch Run
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Pizza
michigan
“Not good, and not clean”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

They were obviously trying when they set this place up. Cute and with craft beer available. But execution is not good at all.

Problems start when ordering (you order at a counter and pick up your food in a window.) Disinterested and somewhat rude teen behind the counter. Out of the soup we wanted (though it was still up on the board behind the counter - erase it...) No bread bowls for the soup, out of those (we were there at 7PM on Saturday - right in the middle of their dinner) Warm soda in the cooler, needed ice. Reasonable prices though, we spent $35 for 3.

While waiting for the food, a trip to the restroom. Dirty. Wet floors. Human waste smeared on the wall. Yes, unfortunately I am not kidding. It is disgusting and I am uploading 2 photos to prove it. Inexcusable. Dirty restrooms usually mean a dirty kitchen. YUCK.

Back to the food. Pizza is made on pre-fab crusts, like a boboli. Are you kidding me? Took about 2 minutes from the time I ordered until it was ready. BLT sandwich was on nice bread but made with microwave bacon. Soup was good, but they had of course run out of what we wanted and didn't have the bread bowls.

So basically, I couldn't believe that this was the #1 restaurant in Birch Run on yelp, but it is. Should have looked at trip advisor first!

I say stay away, and I can't imagine what the other reviewers like about this place.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Jamil A, Owner at Victor & Merek's Deli Bakery, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hello, we would like the opportunity to address this blasphemous review. This was clearly posted by a proficient restaurant critic as it seems that he strangely has left similar reviews on every restaurant in Birch Run. In fact he has left the same review on multiple advisory sites about us. We have been in business almost 20 years in Birch Run and I welcome any one to tour our restaurant at any time. We have consistently the highest rating from the Saginaw County Health Dept and in fact many of their employees eat here regularly. We admit that there is an occasional oversight, but we are human. This is a family owned business in a close nit community. We urge you to stop into any of the over 170 outlet stores and ask the personnel about Victor & Merek’s. It is deeply upsetting that someone would plant fake photos or make them appear as if there is excrement on the wall. I am sure that he has lot of experience with this type of thing, but it is not true. We put our heart and soul into this restaurant and we use the finest, freshest ingredients available. We take pride in our products and we invite you to join us. If you have any issue please ask for me personally.
Sincerely, J. Alam Owner/operated

roseville, MI
“One of the better and cheaper lunch options at Birch Run”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is our standby lunch stop on the way Up North, or if we are stopping by to shop. V&Ms has quality sandwiches and a neat little store to boot. There is also ice cream and coffee available.

Seating outdoors is available in the summer if you need a relaxing break from the outlet mall.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Flushing
“Soup, Salads, and Sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Also pizzas (never tried). Soups are tasty. Salads are full of flavor. The sandwiches are delicious. My favorite is the Muffoletta.

Visited September 2012
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Typically I love delis, but this place was just okay. I was a little disappointed in the food, but I had high expectations.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Something a little different for the area.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We enjoyed the different style of sandwiches offered here. A review we read compared it to Schlotsky's style. We saw the resemblance, but it's also a bit different. I enjoyed the sandwich I had and thought it was reasonably priced. We also had the personal pizzas. They were good and big enough to share. I think it's a nice choice being so convenient to Birch Run outlets (you can walk from one to the other). Service was fine for us.

• Visited November 2012