“Get what you pay for” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
“Get what you pay for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Yes the portions are huge but the prices are a high. There really isn't much of a deal there because you pay for the huge amount of food you get and they don't give smaller sizes even if you ask. It was 50¢ to get a extra plate too if you want to share. I would say that my Shrimp dinner with Fries and a tossed salad was good and my husband's Angry Tony burger was amazing he said. He bought the Hot Sauce they had there as well. Nice that a place like that patties there own burgers so you know they are fresh and not frozen. The restaurant did seem dirty to me though because they don't clean the booth seats out or under the table at all. Outdated decor for sure. I will tell you that you are not going to be hungry after you leave and more than likely won't have room for dessert which looked so good. Our waitress was very fast too and was attentive which was very nice and different from a chain restaurant. I overall think that I will be going back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

69% Recommend
Oshawa, Canada
“Wow....you won't go home hungry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for late lunch early dinner(4:00), ordered the bacon burger and wife ordered the chili covered burrito! Besides tasting great, the portions are huge (ask someone about there banana splits OMG)!! We did have to take a doggy bag home! And although I forget our waitress's name, she was awesome!!! See you next visit!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hagersville, Canada
“Huge portions...great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

You'll be taking a doggie bag home from this place! You get great value for the money and the food is tasty too. My husband ordered a turkey club sandwich and fries and the sandwich was so full of turkey and bacon (literally 8" high), it came with a steak knife through it to hold it together! Needless to say, he could only eat 1/3 of it. I ordered Chicken parm and it was like a double order...couldn't finish all of mine either. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who's looking for home cooked food that's great!

Visited October 2013
North Ridgeville, Ohio
“Not really what you thought, but still worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Had a chicken sandwich, which was just normal size, but fries were a la carte. Enough fries for 2. All the other orders I saw were huge! An order of French toast - 6 giant pieces of italian bread dipped and fried...overhung the plate!

Servers are a little snappy, but that's what you get at this place - fast service, big portions, and something you wouldn't get at home.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Macomb, Michigan
“Just the way I remember it 20 years ago!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I remember going here almost 20 years ago. We would stop at Tony's on our way up to Cadillac. I have four siblings and my mom ordered us the Nachos. We were all well fed with extras for the road! The plate of Nachos was almost as big as the table! It is something special to go to a place with such huge portions.

I was glad to be able to stop in there recently with my mom and my husband who had never been there before. He ordered the Angry Tony burger. I swear they put a whole jar of jalapenos on his burger. It was a good looking burger. He also got a 1/2 order of onion rings to go on the side. We were wondering what a full order would have looked like judging by how many rings a half order came with!
My mom got the Western omelette and it was stuffed beyond belief with all kinds of goodies. It looked delicious. I ordered the eggs, meat, toast and had to get the bacon! It is ridiculous how much bacon you get! I seriously took home a box of bacon (which was ok because I was able to make two big BLT's for my husband and brother in law with the leftovers)!
They have wonderful homemade strawberry jam they give you with your toast. And my mom and I split a side order of hash browns which of course was more than generous.

I was hoping to see someone order the nachos or the sundae so my husband could see what I remembered as a child but unfortunately that didn't happen.

I recommend Tony's to anyone I know traveling on I-75. The food is good, it is impossible to leave there hungry, and the staff is very friendly (plus they give you handfuls of candy when you leave)! You have to give it a try.

• Visited October 2013