“Sooooo much food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Owen Sound, Canada
“Sooooo much food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Went here for breakfast and it was so busy we weren't sure we could get a table, but we must have timed it right because we got a table right away. Coffee and OJ came right away, but the food did take a while - considering how busy it was this was no surprise. I ordered 2 pancakes, but because I had to wait they gave me 3 (covered in berries and whipped cream). They were so big I don't think I could have eaten the 2, let alone 3. What you hear about the bacon portions is true. My boyfriend got bacon eggs and hash browns, and it was a "basket" of bacon. They automatically set down take-out boxes for you to take home your leftovers.

Visited August 2013

“food is great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The food was great and the portion size is huge ! Well worth the price . It was very busy and the line was out the door so we ordered carry out and went back to the hotel with it and it was great .

Visited July 2013
Burlington, IA
“Bacon and banana splits is all you need to know”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Love bacon? Love BLT's? I promise you've never had a BLT like the one you'll find at Tony's. No foolin'...the BLT's are about $9 and come with a POUND of bacon, and the bacon is very good. I've never seen anything like it...Tony's is an extremely popular place so be prepared to wait for a table during busy times. It's also tightly packed which means if your claustrophobic or don't like noisy places then come during off-peak meal times. Everything on the menu is really priced right given that this is a tourist area. Two at our table had the BLT's, others had different items and everything was very good with generous portions. Try to save room for dessert, too! The six of us split the $10 banana split made with nearly a gallon of ice cream in "tower" form covered with sauce, banana, and cherry...it will amaze you and is well worth the price if you have enough people to eat all of it! I hope to return to Tony's again someday to try their breakfast menu- it has great promise!

Visited July 2013
Springfield, Missouri
“You Will Never Leave Here Hungry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I decided to split a rueben from Tony's for dinner while staying at a local hotel. There was plenty of food there for both of us. Love the atmosphere in the restaurant, too.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Bacon- Gotta LOVE IT.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stopped in here a few times over the years. Last time was 2013 07 21.
I have yet to have a bad meal or poor service or leave hungry.
It is real close to I 75 exit 136, convienient parking, friendly service. No table with a view unless you like the mirror wall end so you can watch yourself eat.
Sometimes I have not gone in because the queue was out the door- which is a good sign for a restaurant, I suppose.
If you get the BLT, you can easily feed two people with the one sandwich. There has to be a 1/2 kg of bacon on that thing!!!!. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get your mouth around a sandwich of such porpotions. It is actually fun to watch people trying to be publicly polite and genteel as they try to eat a BLT here.
Once we ordered the turkey dinner. I think it was around $13.00. The one meal fed 3 people- and one of them was a teenager!!!! And it was REAL turkey not that processed stuff, with real potatoes. Veggies and gravy too. Just like mom would make.
The burgers are great-and filling and real meat as well. Last time there I had a bacon cheeseburger with onion rings. Just great, and I took some on the road with me, as I could not finish it all there.
They have cute menus. Made to look like a newspaper. Lots of pictures of "famous" or "Used to be Famous" people or "People I have Never Heard of, but have their picture in the menu so the must be famous People" A huge selection to choose from on this menu. Mostly family fare stuff. All of it good. Nothing fancy.
It is well worth the stop along the way. If you are going for the first time try the BLT- Just to say you did it.
You will enjoy casual, informal dining with copious amounts of good food.. Not a place for the health fanatic. No tofu and granola here. .

• Visited July 2013