“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Paw Paw, Michigan
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed overnight with a friend for a shopping trip to the outlet mall. The place was comfortable, quiet and clean! We arrived at noon and they let us check in early which made it very convenient.
The breakfast was a full breakfast with bacon, eggs and fruit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed for one night here again as our last stay was excellent. The owner was very accomodating when we decided to stay another night. We found it very clean and so close to shopping. We will definitely stay again...already looking forward to our next stay! Its nice to have coffee, a fridge and microwave in the room. The free breakfasts are also a plus as you usually have to go out for it.

Room Tip: You might want to book on second floor away from pool if you dont like too much noise
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
East Lansing, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights here, and cannot say enough about how we were impressed!The room was extremely clean, it was very quiet, and the breakfast was outstanding.We would be more than happy to recommend Country Inn and Suites to any of our friends. Thank you again for the wonderful time we had.

Cedar Springs, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Overall a nice hotel. We stay for the internet and hot tub. Couldn't get connected with the internet for the first day and half. Used toll free number for help with no success. Could connect in lobby or down the hall, just not in room. The hot tub was okay except for the overwelming chlorine smell and burning of eyes. We have stayed here many times without issues, so not sure why this visit.

Also breakfast room small but breakfast was good and close to the outlet mall. Room clean and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are working diligently to improve the high speed internet service in our hotel and we apologize for the issues you encountered with this service. We understand that this is an important amenity for our guests, and I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused for you. Thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope you will give us another try when you are in the area!
Grand Blanc MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have stayed at several CI&S and Andy has allowed this location to stand out among others due to their customer service. I had reserved three rooms for a “staycation” during spring break for an overnight birthday party. I wish I could have had side by side rooms but that was not an option. The bed was comfortable, and the room clean. One of our rooms would benefit from a professional carpet cleaner, but that would not detour me from staying again. Flat screen televisions (2) were in each room (suite), with plenty of linens, and pillows for the pull out bed. The room had a refrigerator and extras that CI&S is known for. The pool area only had three tables and six chairs and the hotel was full of children. We had to sit along the window edges. I would recommend that more seating be added to the pool area because there was some type of covered electronic chair attached to both pool and hot tub which blocked my view from where the tables were. Everyone seemed to comment on the pool being cold and the hot tub just warm. Breakfast was great, with so many choices. I arrived early and had the place practically to myself, but when I went down with the family around nine it was packed without anywhere to sit. I asked for trays so I could take the meal back to our rooms. I asked about additional seating and was told afterwards that they opened the area opposite the front desk. I would stay here again just by the way Andy treats his guests. The location is in walking distance to the Outlet stores. I was given a coupon to obtain a book of discounts at the main office of the outlet stores. There were also other discount coupons to Frankenmuth and other area restaurants on the desk and in the entrance area.

London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The location can't be beat -- right in the heart of Birch Run outlets. Melissa at the front desk is as helpful and efficient as other reviews have indicated. However, I did find this hotel to be showing its age. The carpets are in bad need of changing. Cigarette burns and general wear and tear have taken their toll. The furniture in our room was not so bad, but the overall impression of the decor is that of the 1980s. Our room was average for cleanliness; there were a few hairs on the bathroom floor which would turn most people off. In the breakfast room -- which they run wonderfully well -- there is a wall of fame including famous guests who have stayed: Randy Travis, Diamond Rio, Alabama, etc....I said to my wife that these people must have stayed when this place opened because they sure wouldn't be staying here now. I hate to be negative, but although we only paid $59 per night, we won't be returning until perhaps there's been a renovation. Some things need fixing, too. The side door to the hotel was always unlocked, even at night. There were also a cigarette butt on the inside of the stairwell where someone smoked and butted it out. This hallway reeked of smoke. It's too bad because the people who work here are very nice, but it still makes it hard to come back. I wish trip advisor gave another option to rate this hotel other than poor or average because it deserves something in between.

Monroe, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here on business in February and into March. Excellent experience. Rooms were very clean and the staff very friendly. Breakfast was very good and they kept the breakfast out until 9:30. A plus for me because I was working afternoons. Thank you and I hope to be back in the area again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run? Share your experiences!