“Perfect Location for Outlet Mall!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Birch Run
Eagan, Minnesota
“Perfect Location for Outlet Mall!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

The hotel was within walking distance of the mall and several eating places. Of course mall is too big to walk to if you are planning to buy anything! Hotel location was in quiet area, so no traffic noise, but yet not far off freeway.

Hotel was comforable and exactually what you would expect from a Country Inn & Suites. Bed was comfortable, room was clean, bathroom was clean, and room had WiFi.

Pool was cold and smaller than most - but whirlpool was very nice. Closed at 10pm

Breakfast had bacon instead of the usual sasage - so was great! Not only had the waffle maker, but eggs and bacon and potatoes as well as the usual assortment of cold. Great free breakfast. Well stocked too.

We weren't there long - but was a nice stay and would definately stay again. Our trip was maining for college orientaion with a side trip to the outlet mall. I would choose to stay her again for college move in instead of paying more and staying right in Saginaw.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Every spring my sisters and I go to Birch Run for 2 nights. We always stay at this hotel simply because it is THE BEST. Besides being clean and comfortable and convenient to the shopping, the people that work there are extremely nice. Andy is the general manager and he is definitely in the right job. He cannot do enough to make sure your stay at his hotel is perfect. We're already looking forward to our return visit next year!

Holland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed here over memorial day because it was convenient to shopping at Birch Run. The location is great, you can walk to restaurants and even the outlet mall as long as you can carry everything you buy. I would have given the hotel a much higher rating except for some key faults. The first was breakfast. The breakfast room is simply too small for the number of tables. Moving around is difficult. Second they were clearly not staffed to handle the crowd. During the time I was there they ran out of plates cups, bread etc. It was very frustrating. In addition while overall the room was clean they missed some details such as an ice bucket with standing water and mold. Bottom line, location and price are great if you can overlook the details.

Jackson, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

My room was clean and smelled fresh. We enjoyed the verity of breakfast items in the morning. Andy, the hotel manager, was very hospitable and friendly. This is our first stay in this hotel and we will definitely be back to stay here again when we come to this area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
sault ste marie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

we stayed here for 1 night ..
when we walked in, the girl at the front desk was nice! there were chocolate chip cookies at the front desk, along with apples, coffee and tea .. very nice.
We paid $68 for the room (went there in Nov and it was $120ish)
our bed was not too comfy. feather pillows(not my fav) .. small TV.. pool had TONZ of chlorine.. almost too much.. great location, literally RIGHT BESIDE the outlet stores.. you could walk over.. its right there!
Warm breakfast - Had eggs, bacon, hasbrowns, 3 coffee times, 4 juice types, oatmeal with chocolate chips, or fruit, or cinnamon.. toast, bagels, 3 muffin types.. waffles with syrup. 4 types of cereals ..
would stay again

Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

This stay was a happy accident. Typically I stay in Saginaw when travelling through Michigan, but the hotels I choose there were both booked. I took a chance on the Country Inn because of some planned shopping at the Outlets before hitting the road the next afternoon. When I called the 800 line to reserve it was easy & they set me up automatically for their points program. Glad they did 'cause I'll be back!

I forgot to take note of friendly young woman who checked us in around 7pm May 15, but we were in our room lightning fast. I remarked on a disability that made walking difficult & I hoped to leave my scooter in the car. Instead of the room planned, she went out of her way to point out the elevator (highlight of the very clean lobby is a staircase to the upper floors, but the elevator is right behind) and find a double room for us only a few steps from it. She also gave us the login info for the free wifi.

In the lobby is a coffee machine, and on the check-in desk I also noticed a basket of candy & a jar of fresh cookies. It was a beautiful night out & there were a few guests outside enjoying the breeze. They might have been smokers, but I didn't see anyone smoking when I came in - it just felt quite nice that guests were gathering out front.

While waiting for the elevator, i noted there was an ice machine, drinks & snacks vending machines on the main floor. And behind the elevator was a lovely indoor pool & hot tub. It looked spotless - I wish I'd brought my suit. (next time...and there'll definitely be a next time!)

Our 2nd floor room was well appointed with everything we needed. For those who gave this a low rating, I think we must have stayed at different places! You understand that this is a 2.5* Hotel off the I75 next to an Outlet Mall, right? Why are you rating it like it should be the Four Seasons? Were there a couple of nicks on the bathroom counter? Yup. A tiny bit of chipped paint near the bathroom door handle if you look really hard? Ok. Ooooh, even signs of the previous bath stickers in the tub under the new mat!

But so? The room was super clean. The beds were comfortable. The fan & A/C worked well when we wanted them & the windows opened when we didn't. Plenty of clothes hangers, an iron, good water pressure, a nice low tub I could get into easily with my bad back, amenities from Pantene, a dryer that actually dried my hair, a tv that worked well, a comfortable desk chair, free wi-fi & more than enough space to get around.

Breakfast was included in the terrific price & that certainly didn't disappoint! While going to the breakfast room, I saw 2 hotel staff members who greeted me warmly & pointed me in the right direction. (end of the hall 1st floor) Breakfast had bagels, toast, muffins, 4 kinds of cereal, hot oatmeal, scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, make your own waffles (Yum!), juice, fruit, coffee & tea. Definitely lots to get you started for a day of shopping.

Melissa at check out was very friendly as we were leaving. It only took us a minute until we were on our way to the outlets & spending the dough we saved by staying here. Thanks for a great stay! Looks like I'll be staying in Birch Run & driving to Saginaw to shop next time, instead of the reverse as usual!

ON.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Country Inn & Suites at Birch Run MI. USA
Andy, Melissa & staff are so helpful, the place is very clean has a excellent Breakfast. Lots of Shopping,Restaurant, Golfing & Frankenmuth is only 8 Miles away. Has a pool & whirlpool to soak in after a long day. We highly recommend this Hotel.

Thanks Jim & Sharon

Room Tip: We had room 231 it is clean 7 & big room everything you need.