“Is English still spoken in Michigan?” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Big Rapids
lexington
“Is English still spoken in Michigan?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

This is the second time I've stayed at this property. I have had two conferences here and they have both been in the afternoon which allows me time to rest. Both times before going to bed I always have placed the "DO NOT DISTURB" placard on the door handle. Evidently the housekeeping staff does not understand the NATIONAL LANGUAGE. I would like to take the time to thank those for waking me at a very early hour not once, not twice, but three times. I do apologize that the current management doesn't force it's customers to check out before 6:00 AM, as maybe they should because you will be disturbed constantly until you do. I do hope that one day I have the privilege to be your pilot and can be as accommodating and expediant as the housekeeping staff have been to me.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dearborn, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

The Quality Inn in Big Rapids has a lot going for it. The staff at check-in was helpful and answered all of my questions. The room was well kept, updated and was in good repair. They also provide breakfast in the morning and have snacks all day in the lobby.

I don't think you could do much better for the money.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Bethsida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

The hotel was just average, although the front desk staff were very friendly and the breakfast was good. The pool was not open even though the weather did permit. (it is an outdoor pool) We did not like the Manager, BJ. This manager walked around talking loudly on his cellphone is some other language and sat and used the computer for guests for quite a while making it impossible for my husband to print out driving directions. Also during breakfast we heard one guest talking to another about an affair that this manager was having with one of the housekeepers. We don't want to go to hotels and hear this gossip. It made the whole place seem unclean. We will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Troy, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

The rooms were very spacious and clean. The building is an older building but it is great condition. I was disppointed that the pool was outdoor so it was not open due to the season, but the staff was nice and the breakfast in the morning was nice. I would stay again if I travel to visit the Ferris State Universithy Campus.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2008

We stayed in this hotel in May for a graduation party we traveled to. We were told there was an indoor pool. When we got there, it was outdoors. We had three kids to entertain and there were no other hotels available. We stayed because of no choice, but would not go back. Our room was 95 degrees when we opened the door. We turned off the heat, but could not get the air to work. We actually had to leave the door open in the middle of the night because it was so hot. There were cob webs and dead bugs in our room. The night light was burned out. The windows did not have screens so you could open them to get air. We asked for a blanket and pillow and were only able to get a blanket. I expressed my dissatisfaction to the desk in the morning. There were no other rooms available, so that was not an option, I told her I would like to complain to management and she gave me an e-mail address. I sent my complaints that week and a month later, have never heard anything back. I will never stay at another "Quality" Inn.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — comfort/cleanliness
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
lisa2travel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2008

First time I stayed at a quality inn. Was expecting it to me much nicer......older building, the rooms are big and clean but you can tell the building is old

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2004

The Best Western Big Rapids is a great place to stay. The hotel has been recently remodeled, the pool is open and they have a very good continental breakfast.

The staff is very willing to help with any issues. It is a bit off the beaten path but very worth the short drive through town to arrive at the destination.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!