“Not the Ritz, but nice.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Beulah
Dearborn, Michigan
“Not the Ritz, but nice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

A nice clean place to stay with friendly people. Reasonable rates. It would have been nice to have a 2nd waffle iron especially during peak Christmas season but if that's my worse problem, I'm doing good!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Hart
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The building isn't particularly striking from the hiway, but we have stayed here twice now and it is such a pleasure! Updated furnishings, beautiful comfortable beds and linens, spacious and very quiet and CLEAN. Comfortable dining area for a delicious breakfast, cozy lobby and lovely pool area...and our dog is even welcome, but there are no tell-tale signs of this being a pet friendly hotel. We'll be back next fall!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Findlay, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We love staying at this hotel because it is close to relatives and close to the towns we love to visit. The rooms are spacious and the service is wonderful. The beds are wonderful. They are comfortable and we can actually sleep! The employees are friendly and very accommodating. We will continue to stay at the Best Western Scenic Hill Resort.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here with family in August 2012. This is a fairly new property and by FAR the only decent place to stay in the area. The prices were a little high, but worth it in the long run. We found the staff on duty extremely helpful. In fact, she went out of her way to help us with some "situations" we needed help with. The room was nicely decorated and very comfortable. The pool area was neat! Would be fun for children. The breakfast was your typical "make your own waffles" style, balanced and plenty to get you going for the day. The dining room was clean and the waitress very friendly and on top of things. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kalamazoo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I didn't stay at this hotel but booked my boss. I needed their W9, so I called. The lady that answered the phone does not understand what W9 was. She had to ask another person. So I was told they will fax it. The next day I still didn't receive it. I called again, 4 hours later I finally received it but they sent me a blank form! (hello!) So I called again, asking them that I need the filled out W9; company name, address and tax id and signed and dated. That was last week, now it's another week. So another phone call and I was told the person that takes care of it, is on vacation for the whole week! And no one elses know how to do it. My goodness! It even takes them a long time to answer the phone! What kind of manager/supervisor that doesn't know what W9 is! ..sending a blank form!

Room Tip: Staff does not know basic info on business such us W9!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Lancaster, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had to come to the area for business and although i thought it was a bit pricey, i was surprised upon arrival with some of the reviews I've read on here. When i checked in, i found the staff very welcoming. This hotel seemed to be pretty busy. It must have been shift change when i checked in, but the employee walking out the door turned around and helped the person at the desk when a large group came in right after me. It was obvious to me that there was feeling of teamwork here. Everyone i came in contact with was helpful. I only had to ask, and they took the safe fee off of my bill for me. I will be back and will bring my family to visit the Sleeping Bear Dunes.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the lobby, with the high ceiling, the constant ringing of the phone won'...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is an average hotel that we stayed in to visit friends on Crystal Lake. It is located out of town, so the drive to Crystal or Frankfort was about 15 minutes. The room was large and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was nothing more than basic. The pool was large and warm, although the whirlpool was gross. The entire bottom of it was moldy. There are few dining options in the area unless you drive into Beulah or Frankfort. In the future I would rent a place right on the lake.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beulah
Harbor Lights Resort
Empire Lakeshore Inn
Empire Lakeshore Inn
#2 of 2 in Empire
4.0 of 5 stars 108 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN Scenic Hill Resort? Share your experiences!