“Need to be cleaner” 2 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 to your Saves list
Super 8
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   45707 S I-94 Service Dr, Belleville, MI 48111   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Belleville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
DAYTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We would have had a pleasant stay if there were better pillows, they were very flimsy with no support. One of the beds was very, very hard and the one we thought we could sleep in was so noisy that every time either of us moved we woke the other one. The room was very quite. I never heard any noise other than the fan. Water was nice and hot with good pressure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super8GeneralManager, General Manager at Super 8, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you very much Cheryl for your great review. I am happy to report the hotel has recently put in an order for all brand new micro fiber gel pillows for the property. We are also continuously working on getting new mattresses for each and every room. I sincerely apologize your night with us was anything but amazing. Please know feedback such as yours allows us to make constant imporvements on the property. It is my hope that you will give the property another chance to give you the best stay you and every guest desearves. Our new pillows will certainly be ready for you to try =) Thank you again for your review, if you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly at the property.
Cincinnati
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

No comment for the pool (I didn't see one... might have been one. Bed comfortable. Hallway carpet was terribly filthy. Room carpets dirty, also. You could walk across the room, then wipe a wet bath rag on your feet and make it quite soiled. Pretty quiet for being next to Detroits airport and an expressway. I slept good. I hit the breakfast room two minutes before closing and found all the pancake batter gone (I can't really fault them over this). Staff was accommodating and friendly, knowledgeable in giving directions nice and courteous. When I find a hotel that's pretty messed up, I like to emphasize the nice things.
The AC was noisy as it is almost anywhere. Present were refrigerators and micro waves, not often found in rooms of this nature. I probably would not go back unless I was forced to. I'm sure cleaner places could be found in this area, Really, outside the filthy floors, the place was ok. I'm gonna start packing old pairs of socks that I can just throw away when I leave.

Room Tip: I doubt that this facility has any rooms that are better than the rest. Can't say, because I di...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Super8GeneralManager, General Manager at Super 8, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
I apologize profusely that your stay was anyting less than the best it could be. I have taken every bit of your review into consideration and we are now in the process of shampooing all of our carpets in each and every room. I am glad, however, that my staff was courtious and helpful during your stay, as this is something we pride ourselves on here at the Super 8; exceptional customer service. It is my hope that you will, one day, give us another chance to better serve you and prove that the Super 8 of Belleville really is a wonderful place to stay.
Crete, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I wasn't expecting Buckingham Palace for the price. But I did expect cleanliness and common courtesy. The lobby and front outdoor area of the hotel are nice and clean. The sad thing is you can tell someone exists who are trying to make this a nicer place. I checked in late and the girl was pleasant. I got upstairs (3rd floor) and got into my room. The carpets were stained with many black marks, plus I got a 2 double bed room when I reserved a King. The same guests were constantly parked on the hotel computer in the lobby on Facebook. One attendant constantly had his friends stopping back to loiter and make noise outside of the lobby. I found a bug on my pillow when I pulled my sheets back. The guy next door to me came in drunk and he and his girlfriend got into a fight about it. She couldn't care less that other guests were on the floor...screamed constantly for a half hour in the hall and in their room. Slammed each other and other things against the walls and were punching the walls and doors. Figuring this dispute needed police attention, I called the front desk to report it. Problem is I hit "0" and the front desk guy answered and the phone in my room was so old, he couldn't even hear me. Obviously not wanting to get caught in the crossfire of the fight, I did not leave my room to take the elevator down stairs. Like another guest who posted in these forums, I went to check out and the guy who happened to be my next door guest apologized to me. I have a feeling he knew the employees there and they asked him to do it. I was not offered compensation for any of it. DO NOT BE FOOLED. STAY FAR FAR AWAY!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Super8GeneralManager, General Manager at Super 8, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Steve,
I apologize that it has taken some time for me to respond to your review. Please know first and foremost, this is not norm for my hotel. I do sincerely aplogize you encountered this horrible situation during your stay. Unfortunetly my front desk staff cannot control what happens in each guest room, we are only able to handle situations as their are brought to our attention. I apologize that this was not handled in a better manner. I do assure you, however, that my front desk attendant at the time did not have any affiliation with this situation. It is against employee policy to establish any type of friendship or relationship with any guest.
After investigation of your stay, I noticed we had an overbooking issue on your day of check in, therefore, you were given a free upgrade. Lastly, Steve, please know, again, this is not norm for my hotel as stated earlier. It is my goal to provide each and every guest with a welcoming, relaxing, and enjoyable stay each time they choose Super 8 of Belleville. I can only hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with the wonderful stay you deserve. Please accept a $39.95 managerial coupon, good for a king or double queen room, any day you choose as my personal apology. If you would like to discuss anything further or have any questions, please feel free to contact me at any time. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future.
Kettering, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is my second stay here. It was OK for the price, but it was not as good as it was the first time. My room was not made up on my second day. The reason given was because I had the Do Not Disturb sign on the door prior to 9:45 a.m. (They never came back to check after 10 a.m.)

The day before, the room was OK, but there was no coffee for the coffee maker - told they had run out and that they would give me packets they have had "lying around for a real long time".

Both days there were a group of young adults (very early 20's) who seemed to know the employees. I think they may have been the cleaning crew. Anyway, they were loud both afternoons, and it seemed like all the employees liked to skip out for a smoke.

Breakfast was OK, but not as good as last year.

I'd stay here again when in the area. The lake is nice and there is a good restaurant on the corner across from the Shell station. But, I think this place is on the edge of either going onwards or downwards. They need to raise the price a little and get rid of the long-stay residents in order to keep my business. The trend doesn't look good.

Room Tip: South side rooms are away from the freeway, but get hit with bright sunshine.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Super 8? Share your experiences!