“OK for one night” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Belleville
London
“OK for one night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed here for one night - the reception staff in the evening was polite and courteous but the morning lady could not be bothered. The room was spacious and clean, the shower brilliant but we later discovered that some of the room lamps and the hair drier were not working.
The hot water in the machine for tea at breakfast was luke warm so we had to make hot tea back in the room with the coffee machine.
The situation of this motel is handy as there is a Burger King walking distance.

Room Tip: Check the room lamps and hair dryer are working before accepting the room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kettering, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

The room was clean, the stay quiet, the grounds well kept, the lobby nice, the price unusually low. A great place to stay.

While I was on the internet in the lobby, I overheard two check in employees complain loudly about how their boss punishes them by cutting their hours, and also about how the other office employees are losers who can't do their jobs. Guests shouldn't be able to hear that kind of stuff.

Two things I liked about the area. The lakeside park in the town just to the south of the hotel. The restaurant across from the hotal near the exit, great value and taste. Also, it's fairly close to Ann Arbor and Dearborn. I'll be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a night because we had to go to Detroit in the morning. They didn't have a king room available, so he gave us a double bed room for the king price. The rooms were clean. The area appeared safe. There was a baby crying in the room next door, but you couldn't hear it in our room, just in the hallway. If you are a smoker, you will have to smoke outside as the whole building is a non-smoking building. We didn't stay for breakfast so I couldn't tell you about that. Everything else was great. I would definitely recommend this place if you are just passing through.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Crystal River, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

A must stay.
We were travelling with 3 small dogs and everyone there, hosts and guests were very accepting.
The place was newly renovated and very comfortable.
Eric, the manger, is doing his best to make this place a wonderful place to stay.
It just had that "at home" feel.
Free breakfast, close to everything, clean rooms and room to walk our dogs.
We were there several years ago, cuz they took dogs. So we rented there again. This time - it was a completely different experience.
The place was freshly painted, rooms and grounds were extremely clean and the staff were SUPER friendly.
I will not stay anywhere else when visiting Belleville.
For a little town outside of Detroit, this was the best.
Thank you A&M properties for fixing it up so nice.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

Checked in this hotel for 2 days. Had to change rooms 3 times because of broken refrigerator, missing toilet seat, missing refrigerator, and a lack of cleanliness of rooms. Management wouldn't even compensate us at first until I called the corporate office. He then offered me 50% off a future stay (off the rack rate) or 50% off our second night. We should have gotten a free night. Continental breakfast was also horrible!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

This property is located between Ann Arbor and the Detroit Metro Airport. The rooms are very basic/spartan, but with good working wireless internet access. The room furnishings show their age. Think Motel 6. But, the room was clean. The breakfast in the A.M. was pretty spartan and not enough seating to accommodate all who were there at the time I had breakfast during my visit. I could recommend this if all you want is a place to sleep for the night, but if you're going to spend time in the room or time in the area, I think you'll be more comfortable elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Belleville, MIchigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

This hotel is absolutely NASTY! We was having to stay there for a week due to a death in the family and the room that they put us in smelled like a mixture of a dead body and a wet dog. The ceiling in the bathroom had a huge hole in it and the sink looked like it was going to fall off the wall. There was stains on the floor and in the chair that looked like blood. The chair had a big rip in it. The screen in the window looked like it was fixing to fall in and was all ripped up. The finally moved us across the hall and it was a lil better. The bathroom was DIRTY the tub had floaties in it. The fridge had black MOLD all over it. The next morning my mother went down to the front to get breakfast and it consisted of 1 frozen store bought waffle, 1 tiny bagel, 1 danish and 1 small cup coffee. The hotel was supposed to have FREE COMPLIMENTARY COFFEE all day long well when my mother went to get a second cup the lady at the front desk got an attitude with her and told her she was giving us a "DEAL" as it was she couldn't give her any more coffee, So I went down to talk to her and she decided that we had to LEAVE cuz we complained. If I was a traveler out there i would NOT GO HERE. Unless you want an ATTITUDE and a NASTY STINKY ROOM! This place seriously should be condemend!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Super 8? Share your experiences!