“A Rare Jewel.... Must See” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Belleville
Windsor, Canada
“A Rare Jewel.... Must See”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

We booked our room as we were going to Florida for 2 weeks. This was the only hotel that included the parking in the cost of the room $110 with taxes included. YOu can't beat that. The fact that we could have a nice dinner and go to sleep and wake up to a great continental breakfast with extras was awesome. No rushing around to get to tha airport in the morning, just realx and enjoy. The shuttle was included in the price too very efficient just call when you get your bags and they are there in 15 minutes to pick you up. Front desk was great offered lots of options for dinner made sure everything was comfortable for us and our three children. Rooms were clean and the pool was awesome under a nice soarium. Sauna and shower facilities all very clean and tidy. Rooms nice too with extra large bathrooms. The fitness centre is way more than I expected everything you need to get a great work out in. We go to florida every year and this will be a tradition so nice to get to the hotel no border issues to deal with and rushing around the day or your flight. Top notch breakfast too more than continental.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

Used an award night. Very nice hotel and lobby. The room we had was a King. Had the fridge and microwave, which we loved. We turned the car in and used the airport shuttle. Within walking distance of several restaurants. Also has an indoor pool.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

I recently booked two non consecutive nights at this hotel for my parents - first and last day of there trip. They loved it. Said the room was clean and very nice. They enjoyed the full breakfast which was complementary. Desk clerk was nice enough to book the same room for them for their second night - that liked it because it was close to the elevator. They were also allow an early check-in when they returned.

Price was a little high in my opinion, it is Detroit after all. But it is close to the airport so that is probably why. I appreciate all the efforts they made to accommodate my parents and to allow a third party billing.

• Stayed October 2010
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

I booked a night with one of those blind travel sites and when I was told I'd be staying here, I was a little concerned. My last experience with Holiday Inn wasn't so great and I was hoping this would be better. I wasn't disappointed. Otis Spunkmeyer cookies upon checkin (which was speedy), beautiful lobby with very nice retro swing/jazz music, and an equally nice glass elevator that did much to accentuate the feeling of space. The ceilings are high, there are a lot of windows, the hotel feels very light and airy and clean. You can see into the pool area from the lobby, also very bright and airy and clean, no trace of chlorine smell. The stairway/elevator area was blocked off from the rooms by doors to minimize traffic noise. I poked my head into the business area and the fitness room but I didn't get a chance to use either of them, nor did I get any pool time in.

My room was of good size and was immaculately clean. Wireless worked well even on the bed, tv also worked nicely though one of the bedside lamps was dead (turned out to be the socket itself). Bathroom was also clean and well-lit (I particularly liked the wallpaper) with plenty of towels, a heat lamp with a timer, and a good selection of toiletries. The bed was a little firmer than I would like but it was so quiet that I slept well anyway.

I really need to emphasize how very quiet this hotel is. No flushing, no water running, no doors slamming, no vacuuming, no conversations. Even overlooking the pool I never heard anything and except for seeing other guests at the front desk when checking out, I might've thought I was the only one staying here. The only drawback here as with other hotels is that the breakfast only runs 6-9, not good for the night owls. And though the yogurt and juice cooler was locked tight by checkout, I was able to steal a couple very tasty banana muffins.

The staff was also very helpful, exceedingly polite and personable. They even uncorked my wine for me when I'd forgotten to bring my corkscrew. Really above and beyond my expectations as far as the staff goes. Will definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Eastern Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

I stayed here on my way back home from Canada. It's right off the interstate and my room had interstate noise all night. There are plenty of rooms away from the interstate which should have less noise. Standard hot breakfast and great internet service. Looks like they have a nice pool and fitness room. New adjustable shower heads. A fine hotel for a quick stopover. The hotel room lighting could have been better.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

We used their park and fly service and upon returning from our trip we found that our van was gone...someone had stolen our vehicle from their parking area....they didn't know when it had happened...apparently when you pay for their park and fly service, you are only paying for the parking spot...no security cameras, no one checking the lot etc.. Holiday Inn was no help in recouping our loss.... please do not stay at this hotel...if you have a vehicle that you wish to keep!!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

I have stayed here previously and will do so again. This is one of the nicer properties in this chain. Clean, comfortable, quiet, and well located. Staff is helpful and very friendly. Nice fitness center and indoor pool area. Good H.I. Express breakfast.

• Stayed October 2009

Been to Holiday Inn Express Belleville? Share your experiences!