“Nice place, just what you would expect............” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Belleville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Grant, Michigan
“Nice place, just what you would expect............”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2007

We stayed here last week. Nice. We had an early flight so we had to get up early in the am.
Took the free shuttle both ways and it worked well. Leaves the motel on the hour--ONLY. That is important. The trip only takes a few more minutes thatn the close by motels.

I would stay here again and hopefully sleep a little later and try the breakfast. Good choice!

• Liked — Like new place, parking shuttle to Metro
  • Disliked — Was kinda hard to find in a snowstorm, but that was a minor issue. Its by the Cracker Barrel
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Fairfax, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2007

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Belleville while visiting the Detroit Auto Show in January 2007. A colleague of mine suggested staying away from the hotels nearest Detroit Metro Airport. Belleville is located along I-94 about 15 minutes west of the exit for the airport.

This hotel is your typical Holiday Inn Express. It had clean rooms, a nice environment and is close to several sit down and fast food restaurants as well as two grocery stores. They also had one of the largest hotel gyms I have ever seen. The hotel features the new Holiday Inn Express bedding which is comfortable, but not too heavy. Along with this they also offer a choice of firm and soft pillows on the bed. Plenty of soft and absorbent towels were in the bathroom. A continental breakfast is offered in the morning. Unfortunately, I could not take advantage of it because I had a very early morning flight back home.

My only complaint would be that the hotel has smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floor. Although they are on different corridors, the stale cigarette smell "hangs" in the hallway. Combine that with whatever air freshener is being used and you have a very strange smell in the hallways. Luckily, the smell didn't get into my room.

Overall, a nice stay. I'll probably stay here again next year while visiting the auto show.

• Stayed January 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2006

If you are bothered by traffic noise from I-94, ask for a room on the side of the hotel. We got an "extended suite" (we have a baby) and the room was nice but the noise from the highway was loud (as was the party going on in the room next to us). We asked for the noise to stop, but it didn't, so we had to move rooms at midnight. The front desk clerk was very nice. The breakfast the next morning was a little disappointing (Sunday); only bananas for fruit, and biscuits & gravy for a hot breakfast. Otherwise yogurt, cinnamon rolls, muffins, bagels and cold cereal. I would recommend staying here; but some of the other amenities are lacking.

• Stayed November 2006
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Auburn, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2006

I stayed here after cancelling out of a cheapo place I stayed at the night before. This hotel is beautiful and can hold it's own with any marriott, hilton, sheration, etc. I can't believe it is a holiday inn express. It was unfortrunate that I actually only stayed here for like 6 hours. The pool & breakfast looked very inviting. I had to leave so early that I didn't get to experience them though. The complimentary dtw airport shuttle is awesome considering this place is 7 miles down 94. It takes a little longer (10 minutes more) than hotels that are actually located near dtw, but this one is definitely worth the extra time. Everything at dtw is so run down, this is the perfect alternative. MI is actually such a nice state, I hate that people judge it from the 1 night they spend in run down Romulus (city where all the "close" dtw airport hotels are). Stay here, you won't be disappointed! The beds, pillows & comforters are super comfortable! It's all top notch! It would even be great with a family for a longer than 1 night stay.

• Liked — great airport shuttle, gets you a bit away from the run down areas around dtw
  • Disliked — i liked it all!
  • Tips/Secrets — go for it! this place won't disappoint you!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2006

My family and I stayed here with the park and fly program, and again for one night on our return at the end of August '06. Check in was a breeze, and the desk clerk was very nice. He even printed me off driving directions to get to a particular restaurant on our drive home.

The rooms at this hotel are due to be converted over to their new line of bedding. The new (bigger I think) towels are already there and with 4 decent pillows per bed I didn't have to ask for extra. I think they even upgraded the toiletries. The shampoo and conditioner have a very pleasant fall-like scent.

We were able to make use of the breakfast bar. It had the usual hard boiled eggs, cereals, yougurt, fruit, bread, bagels, awesome cinnamon rolls, and 2 waffle stations plus juice ,milk ,coffee, and tea. On our return I got down to it as it was almost over and the attendant got me a tray so I could take breakfast up to my family.

They have a nice pool and hot tub, adjoining bathrooms with showers, and saunas in each change room. There were some pool noodles to use as well, but they were a bit battered.

The shuttle to the airport was on time and we were given a number to call for a pickup when we got back.

Overall the hotel was very clean and nice. There were some signs of wear in the hotel, but I felt they were minimal. For a budget hotel near a major airport I really think it was a high quality choice.

• Liked — Affordable park and fly rates
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2005

Our 4 hour stay was February 20, 2005. We were grounded in Detroit due to weather, and needed to put our heads to a pillow for a few hours. We called the hotel at 1215am, the front desk clerk already had a shuttle on the way. We had two rooms, one for myself and my toddler, and one for my brother, his wife, and their toddler. Because our luggage stayed with the airline, we had no toiletries. We were given deoderant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, and mouthwash. The desk clerk was very friendly, and extremely helpful. The interior of the hotel was very clean, and comfortable. I was very happy with the comfortable bed and feather pillows. Even if it was only for a 3 hour "nap", we were very comfortable and happy with the property and the staff. Although there is a buffet breakfast, we had to miss it because of our 5am checkout. But, they were kind enough to give my nephew yogurt, and we pulled some oatmeal from the counter. I definitely recommend this property. Be aware though, the shuttle doesn't run every half an hour, and can book up. The ride is about 15 minutes or so to the airport.

• Stayed February 2005

Been to Holiday Inn Express Belleville? Share your experiences!