“Awesome property and staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Belleville
Lakeland, Florida
“Awesome property and staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have had an extended stay at this property, and have had an excellent experience. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The facility is very clean and is maintained well. I have never seen such a complete exercise/health facility at any hotel at which I have stayed here in the States. The shuttle is available to take you to nearby restaurants in addition to and from the airport. Standard breakfast area for a Hotel, but nothing is skimped...complete. The overall atmosphere of the hotel is positive...a reflection of the General Manager. Good leadership producing good results! I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jessica T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belleville, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hello Capt!

Thank you so much for your kind review! Our fitness center is one of the most impressive features of our hotel, and I’m glad you could enjoy it during your stay. I will pass on your review to our staff. Thanks again, and come visit us again soon!

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here two times in the last 6 months. Hotel is very clean, staff is extremely friendly and outgoing. We will definitely stay here again. The breakfast served was good. The only thing I wish was better at this hotel is the weight room, the cardio machines are old and should be updated. Other than that a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Hi Julie,

Thanks for reviewing our hotel! We pride ourselves on friendly employees and I am glad our staff proved that for you. I will pass on your comments to our ownership regarding updating the fitness center. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Evansville, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We booked two rooms in the baggage claim area of the airport rather late on a Wednesday night after getting bumped from 4 Flights to Amsterdam. They picked us up, stopped at a convenience store and let us pick some snacks up, which was nice due to the late hour. They gave us a special rate and asked if we needed any toiletries. The next morning we had a nice breakfast and back to the airport. Thursday was no better for us and by the 7:40 flight we had not hope of the 9:50 so decided to call the hotel again. They remembered us and said they would send someone shortly. He took us to the hotel let us check in and then recommended a restaurant. He dropped us off and then we called him when we were finished and he came right back. Again toiletries were offered and the guys did take razors as they were better than the ones in the airline bags. We said goodbye to everyone and they said they would keep two rooms foe us just in case! These people could not have been nicer from the van driver to the front desk staff. What a great place to stay and close to restaurants and Meijer Store. Great place close to Detroit Airport with free shuttle and great staff. We did not have to return, Thank goodness.

Room Tip: Quiet and in nice area.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Jessica T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belleville, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Becky J.,
It is extremely considerate of you to take time out of your day to leave us your valued feedback, and we thank you! First off, we are sorry that there was such a hassle with your flight reservations but on the other hand, I am proud to say that we are beyond delighted to have accomodated you both evenings when your plans weren't playing out accordingly. I am so glad that our shuttle drivers were compassionate and caring enough to allow you to make stops and pick up well needed snacks and that we had everything you needed to make your stay comfortable. Even though you didn't plan on staying with us, we would be so pleased to see you again in the near future!
Seward, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The desk staff was very helpful and treated us with great respect. The rooms were clean each day and the beds were very comfortable. I really like the pool and whirlpool. The breakfast was exceptional as well.

Room Tip: Become a Priority Club Member
Dear Eddy S.,
I am so grateful that you took time to leave us your feedback given it is extremely important and valuable to us. I am positive that our front desk staff is more than happy to treat you with respect as you well deserve and glad they were helpful for your every need. I am hoping that your wonderful experience with us with bring you back!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am on the road a lot globally. I have stayed at many HIE's but this was by far the best. The staff was superb, (friendly, courteous, customer focused). My room was clean, well appointed, and comfortable. Even the bed was good as far as hotels go. Breakfast was your typical HIE standard. Thank you Ginger for the sweat tea! If you enjoy a workout, this has a very nice wrokout room. A great mix of aerobic and weight machines. Pool/hottub looked enticing too. Close to the airport only a 15 minute drive via the free shuttle. Jessica (GM) and her team made my stay actually enjoyable. There are a few restaurants nearby. Cracker Barrel across the street is a walkable distance. But beware of the traffic on the road. All in all, this was great. Thank you!
Please put a current TV channel listing in the room.

Room Tip: dont get a first floor room
Dear L382_FE,
What a honor to be described as a real jewel hotel! We certainly appreciate the compliments and your valuable feedback! I am pleased to hear that our staff was doing their best to make you feel warm, welcomed and important. I hope your stay was enjoyable enough to bring you back to our location sometime very soon.
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I found this hotel searching online for something near the DTW airport. I wanted a hotel with a free airport shuttle, which this hotel advertises on its website. If the shuttle service and airport access is important to you, you should know that the airport is six miles away and it takes 10-15 minutes to get to the terminal. The shuttle does not run continuously and only departs the hotel at the top of the hour. You can't reserve a more convenient time if the top of the hour doesn't work for you. If you are staying here upon arrival at the airport, you need to call for the shuttle to come get you after you arrive--they won't take a reservation for a specific arrival time. I called from the arrivals area and the desk clerk said he would send the shuttle right over. After waiting half an hour in 40-degree weather, the van still hadn't come so I called again. After another ten minutes of waiting the van finally arrived. The driver apologized and said something had gone wrong with the van and he had to go back and get another one, but it was annoying that no one called to let me know it would be late, since the desk clerk made a point of asking for my phone number when he took the original call. Other than that the hotel was clean and pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belleville, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear SusanBH415,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

We are pleased you did note your accommodations were clean and comfortable. We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with the hotel shuttle. We will review with our staff to avoid similar situations in the future. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.

Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This stay got off to a bad start. Probably just a fluke, but that didn't matter to me at 1am.

Earlier in the day, I'd made my reservation over the phone with a chipper receptionist. She seemed a little flighty, but no big deal. I called in again later to update my arrival time as being pretty late, and got a guy on the phone who said not to worry. Swing-and-a-miss...

I arrived at 12:45am, the last person to check in for the evening. The older gentleman in the lobby didn't say much, and proceeded to check me in. Handing me my keys, he sent me up to my room. When I arrived with arms full of luggage, neither of my keys worked. I went down and patiently reported my scenario. He took the keys, took a couple incoming calls, reprogrammed the keys, and followed me up just to make sure I got in. When we arrived at the door, we once again saw the red door lock lights I'd seen on my first try. Turns out someone else had been given that room, and the hotel also had been sold out (overheard while waiting for keys). DI-LEMMA.

He made some phone calls and got to the bottom of it. Apparently, the earlier guy switched someone into a different room and didn't update his records. Dar. The older fellow assured me this had never happened and was apologetic. Again, these things matter little when you've spent the last 100 miles drifting onto the shoulder thinking about a nice, comfy bed waiting for you; yet, you're waiting 20 minutes in the lobby to find out if you even have a room anymore. Fortunately, they got me squared away in the other tenant's original room.

I was on the fence about writing this review. Really, it was probably an isolated incident and the day guy just screwed up. Oh well, happens. But the meat of why I'm writing is to solidify to myself that I'm done with Belleville lodging. Some staff member at the Hampton next door stole some of my belongings last year, and now this experience at HIE. And the restaurants suck around here.

Room Tip: Sure, here's a tip: get a room that hasn't been given to someone else.
Dear WhatHome,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at the hotel, I would like to thank you for providing your feedback. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties. We hope that you will come back and see us again in the future so that we can provide the excellent service and accommodations that you and all of our guests deserve.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Belleville? Share your experiences!