“Great location-- the perfect find.” 5 of 5 stars

Stone Waters Inn
226 N Bridge St, Bellaire, MI 49615   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Bellaire B&B and Inns
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Great location-- the perfect find.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

A few friends and I stayed here for several nights when we went snowboarding at Shanty Creek. We had originally booked the stables room for the four of us; however, out of concern for our comfort the staff very generously offered us an extra room at no additional charge. We had a wonderful few days, taking full advantage of the hot tub outside with a beautiful view of the creek. The rooms had fridges that kept our beers cold and food for making sandwiches. The inn is also only a few minutes walk from a really great microbrewery down the road called Shorts. We were very pleased with our choice to stay here, the staff was great, and the pool table, fireplace, barbecue, and outdoor seating are all nice touches. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Overall we loved our room. We stayed in the victorian room and were impressed by the size and view. the room was very cute and pretty clean.no lack of hot water which was great for the jacuzzi tub. We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed how close everything was to the hotel. Were able to drink and walk back to our room. Our only complaints would be about the parking. In the evening times the only parking for the hotel is full by locals and we had to park a few blocks down and across the street behind downtown and walk all that way to the hotel through the snow and then move our car back to the hotel in the morning (maybe no parking for non hotel guests sign). We discovered monks on our way to get the car one morning and they have great alcoholic coffee drinks, wine, and pastries. We deff recommend them! The manager was very nice and helpful and recommended papa k's pizza which was the best pizza we have had in a long time. And they deliver for a $1!! we had a great time and plan to return!

• Stayed December 2012
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in the vineyard suite. The room was beautiful, with in room jacuzzi and third floor view overlooking a small river. The room was immaculate. The manager was very pleasant and answered questions about the area. There are two excellent places to eat and drink within walking distance, LuLu's and Shorts Brewery.. I would highly recommend this Inn to stay !

• Stayed December 2012
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I spent one night here on our honeymoon. The location was absolutely perfect, which is why we chose it. A very easy walk from the cute town of Bellaire (and Shorts Brewery)! It had a nice sitting area outside, to read and enjoy the scenic river. The inn also has a hot tub for guests to enjoy, and if it gets too hot, it's fun to cool off by stepping into the river. Our room was very clean and stocked full of toiletries and coffee for the morning. I would recommend this inn to anyone looking for a relaxing trip away in a beautiful town!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Have stayed at this place 2 times now and both visits were relaxing. Rooms are simple, but have everything you need including a small frig. Bed was comfortable, shower was hot and the price was good. I had no problem with anything. If you have to get a free continental breakfast with your stay or need an excercise room (which you proably wouldn't use anyway), or need a resort type atmosphere...this place is not for you. It only has a handful of rooms, but they are nice and simple.

Definitely stay on the river side...you can open your windows and hear the river as you sleep. Also, upstairs rooms have deck overlooking river...great for sitting and reading and/or relaxing. I look forward to staying here again next year.

Room Tip: Stay on river side...you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We have been to Bellaire many times but never stayed at a motel...as we camped or stayed with local relatives....so glad we took the time to experience the Stone Waters. I have never felt so at home in a motel. It is decorated beautifully and was extremely clean and upscale. We were welcomed warmly and encouraged to take our time departing....really I could live there. We will be back! I loved being able to walk to dinner and Short's

Room Tip: Get a room in back overlooking the river
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I spent a night here for our anniversary, and it was superb from beginning to end. It wasn't until I peaked around the back of this Inn that I truly entered another place. The beautiful flowing river, a porch and grounds bedecked with gorgeous flowers, beautiful landscape, and an awesome hot tub made this a place to remember. Our room, one of the honeymoon suites (Vinyard suite?), was so lovely. And I'm telling you, that was the SOFTEST most luxurious bed I have yet stayed in to this day! To top it all of and to truly enhance the whole experience, the woman running the place that day was out-of-her-way accomodating. She really made us feel relaxed and at home, and provided us with more than we bargained for. This is my first TripAdvisor review because I couldn't let this place go without my greatest praise. We hope to return again! (Oh, and do I miss that comfortable bed!)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Stone Waters Inn? Share your experiences!