“Looking for a great local beer?” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Looking for a great local beer?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014

We come to the Boyne Mtn area every year and stopped by Short's to try the local beer. I was truly amazed at what they've done! We got a sampler (5 beers for $10). They had an excellent selection of beers. We tasted some flavored beers and found that they were true to their description. I could actually taste the chocolate and peanuts in one. Another had the smokey BBQ taste. My favorite was the Brown Ale. Very smooth and delicious. They make a full range of beers. They also have started a hard cider collection.

I ordered the mushroom soup and instead of the usual soup, I got a soup that had freshly cut mushrooms and you could taste the earthy tones of the mushrooms! Great soup. Next was a nice sandwich equivalent to a Philly. Plenty of meat on it and it didn't last long. Even my wife said it was great.

We will definitely make this a regular stop. The atmosphere, food, and brews are outstanding. Our waiter was very knowledgeable of the area and helpful in helping us with our selections of beers. I think my wife made him describe every one on the selection list :)

• Visited December 2014

Kansas City, Kansas
“Great Local Beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

Stopped in here to check out some of the local beer - was presently surprised with the creativity and the amount of different types of beer they offer. If youre a beer drinker they will have something for you. I didnt eat here - but those around me did, and the food like very good.

Visited October 2014
Bellaire, Michigan
“Great Bellaire attraction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

Great beer. Great food. Fun music! We live in the Bellaire area and Short's attracts people from across the state and remains a great tourist attraction.

• Visited June 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Long drive but Beer was worth it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

Drove from Traverse City area to Bellaire mainly to visit this awesome brewery. Had lunch there on a Sunday, and the Pub food was excellent, and the beer was fantastic. My wife and I each had our own five-pour sampler, and ended up taking two growlers home of our favorites. Great service- very knowledgeable about the beers available.

• Visited November 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Traverse City, Michigan
“Beer & Bands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

Short's has a great, friendly, knowledgeable staff. I recommend trying to go early in the afternoon if you want the full Short's experience as they do get slammed just about every evening. On weekends they always have live music, usually have a Michigan based folk band. The beer is great, as long as craft brew is your thing. There are a few choices for those who are not brave enough to try some of their more interesting creations. Their menu is more deli style, nothing too fancy but I have never had a bad meal there. The pizza is great and the specials are always unique. Every spring they have a rocking anniversary party. I can't wait to see the expansion when they are done!

• Visited November 2014